GIS Data Files for Download
The Health Department's GIS Center provides datasets for public use. Below is a compilation of some resources available as shapefile. For information on what each file represents, as well as definitions for variables and how to correctly interpret them, please review each shapefile's metadata file. Files may be viewed using a variety of software products and web applications.
For other GIS data resources, including those from other city agencies, please visit the NYC Open Data .
Community Health Survey GIS Data
The Community Health Survey (CHS) shapefiles contain aggregated city-wide rates by United Hospital Fund neighborhoods. The health topics cover a number of areas including physical activity, diabetes, obesity, mental health, and sexual risk factors.
Other GIS Data
- Green Cart Boundaries (ZIP) - The Green Cart Boundaries represent collections of NYC Police Precint Boundaries that represent area where Green Carts are allowed to operate in one New York City borough only.
- District Public Health Office Area Boundaries (ZIP) - The Health Department has three district public health offices located in the neighborhoods with the highest burden of morbidity and mortality: South Bronx, East and Central Harlem, and North and Central Brooklyn.
- District Public Health Office Locations (ZIP) - This file describes the physical address locations of the DPHO offices only; it does not have the boundaries of their catchment areas (available in download above).
- NYC DOHMH Customer Service Centers (ZIP) - This file represents Health Department Service Centers, including Tuberculosis Chest Centers, STD Services, STD/HIV Testing, Food Safety & Community Sanitation, Birth and Death Certificats, Early Intervention Offices, The Health Academy, and Immunization Walk-In Centers.
*** Please verify hours and locations by either calling 311 or visiting the Health Department's website. ***
- United Hospital Fund Boundaries (ZIP) - 42 New York City Neighborhoods
- GIS Center Data Stop (BETA)