Children with Special Health Care Needs
Children with Special Health Care Needs is a program that provides information as well as referrals to health services and community resources for children with special needs. This program also helps families apply for low or no-cost health insurance.
To be eligible for services, you must:
- Be 21 or younger
- Reside in New York City
- Have been diagnosed with (or may have)
- A serious or chronic health condition or disability
- A physical condition
- A developmental or intellectual condition
- An emotional or behavioral condition
Health Insurance Assistance and Service Referrals
The program can help you with:
- Applying for low- or no-cost health insurance.
- Finding free medical evaluations and low-cost health services in your community.
- Locating medical providers who can examine your child and develop an individual care plan.
- Finding referrals to medical specialists who can care for children with complex needs.
- Families can connect with support networks that understand the challenges of caring for children with special needs.
For more information or for special requests for resources and support, call 347-396-4600 or email CSHCN@health.nyc.gov.