Eating Disorders People handle stress, insecurity and other feelings in different ways. Sometimes it may seem the only way to control your life is to control your eating. If you or a friend has an eating disorder like anorexia or bulimia, it's a good idea to talk to someone now.
You can talk to the people at 1-888-NYC-WELL (1-888-692-9355) free of charge anytime: 24 hours a day, 7 days of the week. All calls are confidential.
- National Association of Anorexia Nervosa & Associated Disorders (ANAD): The Helpline 630-577-1330 or 1-800-931-2237 is open Monday – Friday. 9 AM – 5 PM Central Time; or email: email@example.com.
- Eating Disorder Resource Center: In NYC treats eating disorders of all kinds, offering individual, group, family and couples treatment for those challenged by bulimia, binge eating disorder, anorexia and other kinds of body dysmorphia. Call 212-989-3987.
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA): Helpline: 800-931-2237 or NEDA español
- Reach Out USA: Inspiring stories of teens living with depression, eating disorders, body image, bullying, stress, conflict, drugs and alcohol and how they cope.
- Eating Disorders: Information from TeensHealth in English and Spanish.