[ Ver esta página en español ]
[ 閱讀此頁面的繁體中文版本 ]
Health Insurance: Enrollment Counselors
Our counselors will:
- Explain your health insurance and care options, regardless of your immigration status.
- Help you and your family enroll in or renew health insurance.
- Find out if you qualify for financial help to pay for low-cost private health insurance plan.
- Assist you with applying for SNAP benefits (food stamps).
Find a Counselor Near You
Counselor Locations by Borough
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in-person health insurance enrollment services will be suspended until further notice.
During this period, you can call for information or to schedule a telephone enrollment appointment. Our enrollment staff will continue to help New Yorkers sign up for low- and no-cost health insurance by phone. Help is available regardless of immigration status, in many languages, and your information will be kept private.
- Morrisania Health Center
1309 Fulton Avenue, Third Floor
- Bushwick Health Center
- 335 Central Avenue, First Floor
- 347-236-7029, 646-799-1346, 347-236-9934
- Fort Greene Health Center
- 295 Flatbush Avenue Extension, Fifth Floor
- 718-249-1438, 718-249-1436, 718-249-1435
- Homecrest Health Center
- 1601 Avenue S, First Floor
- 646-866-4173, 646-548-3299
- Bedford Health Center
- 485 Throop Avenue, Second Floor
- 718-637-5222, 718-637-5361
- Crown Heights Health Center enrollment staff will continue to provide enrollment services at our new Bedford Health Center site. Call for information or to schedule a telephone enrollment appointment.
- Washington Heights Health Center
- 600 West 168th Street, Second Floor
- Chelsea Health Center
- 303 Ninth Avenue, First Floor
- Riverside Health Center
- 160 West 100th Street, First Floor
- Corona Health Center
- 34-33 Junction Boulevard, First Floor
- Jackson Heights
- 718-208-6818, 347-236-7049
- Jamaica Health Center
- 90-37 Parsons Boulevard, Fourth Floor
- 718-553-3853, 718-553-3846
- Astoria Health Center
- 12-26 31st Avenue, Second Floor
- 718-208-6818, 646-483-4270
- 135 Canal Street
- Second Floor
- (By appointment only)
Facilitated Enrollment for the Aged, Blind and Disabled
If you are 65 or older, certified blind or certified disabled, you may qualify for Medicaid. You can get free, in-person assistance to apply for Medicaid, Medicare and the Medicare Savings Program, which helps cover Medicare costs. Note, this assistance is separate from the NY State of Health Marketplace services.
To make an appointment, call 347-396-4705.
Health Insurance for Children in the Early Intervention Program
If you have a child in the New York City Early Intervention Program, your child may qualify for Medicaid and other benefits, even if you already have health coverage.
- Watch a series of videos about how our enrollment counselors can help you
- Get plan comparisons, cost estimates and more help from the New York State of Health Marketplace
- NYC Care is a health care access program for people who are not eligible for or cannot afford health insurance. The program ensures all New Yorkers, regardless of their income or immigration status, have equal access to comprehensive, high-quality care. NYC Care is available in all five boroughs.
- As of March 9, 2021, the new Public Charge rule is blocked nationwide. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security will use policies that were in place before the new Public Charge rule. People who submit green card applications will not be subject to public charge determinations based on use of benefits including federal Medicaid. If you have questions about immigration and public benefits, call the Action NYC hotline at 800-354-0365 Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.. You can also call 311 and say "ActionNYC".
- All New Yorkers who need medical care, food assistance or other benefits and services can get the help they need without fear. Many services are available no matter your immigration status or ability to pay. Call 311 to learn about available services and resources in your language.
- COVID-19 testing
- Food assistance
- Tenant protection
- Free legal help
- How to Get and Use Your Health Insurance (PDF)