[ Ver esta página en español ]
[ 閱讀此頁面的繁體中文版本 ]
Health Insurance: Enrollment Counselors
You can get free, in-person help signing up for low- or no-cost health insurance through the NY State of Health Marketplace by visiting an NYC Department of Health Certified Application Counselor.
Our counselors will:
- Explain your health insurance and care options, regardless of your immigration status.
- Help you and your family enroll in or renew health insurance.
- Find out if you qualify for financial help to pay for low-cost private health insurance plan.
We can also assist you with applying for SNAP benefits (food stamps).
To find a counselor near you:
- Search the NYC Health Map
- Text "CoveredNYC" to 877-877
- Call 311
- Review counselor location by borough below
Counselor Locations by Borough
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the need to limit the number of people gathered in one place, in-person health insurance enrollment services will be suspended until further notice.
During this period, you can call for information or to schedule a telephone enrollment appointment. Our enrollment staff will continue to help New Yorkers sign up for low- and no-cost health insurance by phone. Help is available regardless of immigration status, in many languages, and your information will be kept private.
- Morrisania Health Center
1309 Fulton Avenue, Third Floor
- Bushwick Health Center
- 335 Central Avenue, First Floor
- 347-236-7029, 646-799-1346, 347-236-9934
- Fort Greene Health Center
- 295 Flatbush Avenue Extension, Fifth Floor
- 718-249-1438, 718-249-1436, 718-249-1435
- Homecrest Health Center
- 1601 Avenue S, First Floor
- 646-866-4173, 646-548-3299
- Bedford Health Center
- 485 Throop Avenue, Second Floor
- 718-637-5222, 718-637-5361
- Crown Heights Health Center enrollment staff will continue to provide enrollment services at our new Bedford Health Center site. Call for information or to schedule a telephone enrollment appointment.
- Washington Heights Health Center
- 600 West 168th Street, Second Floor
- Chelsea Health Center
- 303 Ninth Avenue, First Floor
- Corona Health Center
- 34-33 Junction Boulevard, First Floor
- Jackson Heights
- 718-208-6818, 347-236-7049, 646-483-2902
- Jamaica Health Center
- 90-37 Parsons Boulevard, Fourth Floor
- 718-553-3853, 718-553-3846
- Astoria Health Center
- 12-26 31st Avenue, Second Floor
- 718-208-6818, 646-483-4270
- 135 Canal Street
- Second Floor
- (By appointment only)
Facilitated Enrollment for the Aged, Blind and Disabled
If you are 65 or older, certified blind or certified disabled, you may qualify for Medicaid. You can get free, in-person assistance to apply for Medicaid, Medicare and the Medicare Savings Program, which helps cover Medicare costs. Note, this assistance is separate from the NY State of Health Marketplace services.
To make an appointment, call 347-396-4705.
Health Insurance for Children in the Early Intervention Program
If you have a child in the New York City Early Intervention Program, your child may qualify for Medicaid and other benefits, even if you already have health coverage.