[ Ver esta página en español ]
Nurse-Family Partnership: Support for First-Time Mothers
For first-time mothers with a lot of questions, the City’s Nurse-Family Partnership program can help by providing a personal nurse. Your nurse will answer your questions and provide valuable guidance and support.
You will meet with your nurse regularly to talk about pregnancy, parenting, your child’s health and development, and whatever else is on your mind.
Your nurse will help you:
- Know what to expect during pregnancy and childbirth.
- Learn how to take care of your baby (feeding, bathing, safe sleep and more).
- Understand how babies learn and grow.
- Connect with other resources and services, like health insurance, mental health care, child care and educational programs.
- Achieve personal goals, such as continuing your education and developing job skills.
- Give your baby the best possible start to life.
If you are a health care provider, learn how you can refer patients/clients to the program.
The program is available to any New York City resident who:
- Is 28 weeks pregnant or less with their first baby.
- Meets income requirements.
All eligible first-time mothers may apply, regardless of age, immigration status or gender identity.
For more information or to sign up:
- Ask your health care provider.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call 311 and ask for "Nurse-Family Partnership."