Tremont Neighborhood Health Action Center
The Tremont Neighborhood Health Action Center hosts a variety of programs and activities focused on the health and wellness of community residents. The Action Center is part of the City's effort to promote health equity and reduce health disparities in the neighborhood.
Calendar of Events:
For more information about these programs, call 718-508-0662.
Programs and Initiatives
- Family Wellness Suite: A safe, welcoming and supportive space for women and their families to connect to community resources. The program provides services before, during and after pregnancy. Services include:
- Childbirth education
- Newborn care classes
- Parenting classes
- Infant Massage
- Reproductive health workshops
- Baby Café: This support group for breastfeeding mothers meets on Thursdays. Sessions in English are 11 a.m. to noon, and in Spanish from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Crib and Car Seat Distribution: Families can get a car seat or safe-sleep surface for their infant. To register, call 718-508-0629. Hours are Wednesdays 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Shape UP NYC is a free group fitness program offering outdoor classes with limited attendance so that you can have a safe and enjoyable time in parks.
Re-Imagining the Cross Bronx Expressway
NYC and New York State are conducting a study about the Cross Bronx Expressway and its surrounding communities. This study will review the results of past transportation and health studies. It will also include surveying community residents and organizations for their ideas for the roadway.
The results of this study will help determine changes to the Expressway.
To learn more about this study, email CBX@planning.nyc.gov.