Tremont Neighborhood Health Action Center
The Tremont Neighborhood Health Action Center hosts a variety of programs and activities focused on the health and wellness of East Tremont residents. Our clinical partners also offer primary health services. The Action Center is part of the City's effort to promote health equity and reduce health disparities in the neighborhood.
To find out when you can join one of the events below, check out our calendar of events:
For more information about these programs, call 718-508-0678.
Programs and Initiatives
- Family Wellness Suite: A safe, welcoming and supportive space for women and their families to connect to community resources. The program provides services before, during and after pregnancy. Services include:
- Childbirth education
- Newborn care classes
- Parenting classes
- Infant Massage
- Reproductive health workshops
- Baby Café: This support group for breastfeeding mothers meets on Thursdays. Sessions in English are 11 a.m. to noon, and in Spanish from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Crib and Car Seat Distribution: Families can get a car seat or safe-sleep surface for their infant. To register, call 718-508-0629. Hours are Wednesdays 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Shape UP NYC is a free group fitness program offering outdoor classes with limited attendance so that you can have a safe and enjoyable time in parks.