East Harlem Asthma Center of Excellence
The East Harlem Asthma Center of Excellence (EHACE) was established to address the high rate of asthma hospitalizations among East Harlem’s children. EHACE provides an array of services to children with persistent asthma.
What Services Does the Asthma Center Offer?
- The Center staff meets with you and assess your child’s asthma-related needs
- If your child’s asthma is poorly controlled, you will be assigned an asthma counselor to work with you until your child’s asthma is well controlled.
- The Center will help you learn:
- How to recognize your child’s asthma symptoms and triggers
- How to follow an asthma action plan
- How to give your child asthma medications and how to use a spacer and peak flow meter
- The Center runs support groups where you can talk about the challenges you face in caring for your child.
How can I get in touch with the Asthma Center?
You can visit the East Harlem Asthma Center at: 161-169 East 110 Street (btwn 3rd Ave & Lexington Ave)
Hours: Mondays - Fridays, 9AM to 5PM
Learn more about the East Harlem Center of Excellence
Learn more about asthma