East Harlem Asthma Center of Excellence
The East Harlem Asthma Center of Excellence (EHACE) works to lower the high rate of asthma hospitalizations among children in East Harlem. EHACE provides an array of services for children with persistent asthma.
- Staff will meet with you to assess your child’s asthma-related needs.
- If your child’s asthma is poorly controlled, you will be assigned a counselor to help your child's asthma become well controlled.
- Staff can show you how to:
- Recognize your child’s asthma symptoms and triggers.
- Follow an asthma action plan.
- Give your child asthma medications and use a spacer and peak flow meter.
- You can attend support groups to talk about the challenges you face in caring for your child.
East Harlem Asthma Center
161-169 East 110th Street (between 3rd and Lexington Avenues)
Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM