The NYC Health Department (DOHMH) provides texting services for city residents who want to get up-to-the-second health updates and other relevant messages on a variety of health topics. No purchase is necessary, but message and data rates may apply.
Text 877-877 with the following messages to get notifications:
- "FLU" for flu vaccine locations near you.
- "COVEREDNYC" (or "SEGURONYC") for step-by-step help getting health insurance.
- "SOGOOD" to find details about farmers markets near you, including whether they accept EBT/SNAP.
- "TALK" for tips on talking, reading and singing to your infant.
- "MILK" for weekly breastfeeding tips and information.
- "EI" for service updates about the Early Intervention program.
- "TESTNYC" for low- and no-cost HIV testing locations near you.
- "CARE" to learn about HIV treatment services.
- "BEACH" for updates about beach advisories and closures.
- "LIVER" to find out if you’re at risk for Hepatitis B and C and where to get tested and treatment.
You can opt out of any of the above messages by texting "STOP", or you can get more information by texting "HELP".