MOUSE Corps Shadowships CUNY IT Specialists Internship Program
MOUSE Corps Shadowships
MOUSE Corps prepares students for leadership roles in their schools and communities. DoITT collaborates with MOUSE Corps to provide shadow opportunities in IT services and project management in the public sector. MOUSE Corps participants develop responsibility, project management, teamwork and organizational skills as they:
- Lead and design social action projects aimed at applying students’ skills and expertise to local and global needs through technology and multimedia.
- Attend College Bound Workshops to work on resume and cover letter writing skills, digital portfolios, and business basics.
- Shadow professionals in the private, nonprofit, and public sectors.
Read more on the MOUSE website
Agencies interested in participating in MOUSE Shadowships should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Top
CUNY IT Specialists Internship Program
DoITT and The City University of New York (CUNY) jointly manage an internship program called the CUNY IT Specialists Internship Program. The program provides City agencies with high-quality interns studying computer science and related technical subjects across the vast CUNY system, and CUNY students with valuable paid work experience.
Through the CUNY IT Specialists Internship Program, City agencies have access to students eligible to work between 19 and 34 hours per semester who possess the following skills:
- Databases - Analyzing, coding, designing, integrating, testing, and implementing.
- Client Service - End-User training, technical consulting, and hardware/software troubleshooting, helpdesk/desktop support.
- Application Development - Programming and implementation; intranet, data model, documentation, and electronic report development; client application development.
- Systems Analysis and Design - Determining IT requirements and implementing appropriate system hardware/ architecture, hardware testing, PC surveys.
- Network Administration - Administration, configuration, troubleshooting, updates, development of client/server applications.
- Business Analysis - Articulate business requirements for technological change and/or improvement.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) - Environmental impact analysis, transportation planning, health risk assessment, land use and design, community and economic development.
Since 2002, the CUNY IT Specialists Internship Program has served over two dozen city agencies and over 2,000 CUNY students. Many interns have gone on to be hired by their agency, and some have even moved into positions where they oversee other CUNY interns.
Read more on the CUNY website. Agencies interested in participating in the CUNY IT Specialists Internship Program should email email@example.com.
Back to Top