New York City Department of Information Technology & Telecommunications
ADA Complaint Reporting Procedure and Forms
Complaints should be addressed to the EEO Officer, who has been designated to coordinate ADA compliance efforts.
- A complaint should be filed in writing, contain the name and address of the person filing it, and briefly describe the alleged violation of the regulations.
- A complaint should be filed within sixty (60) calendar days after the complainant becomes aware of the alleged violation.
- An investigation, as may be appropriate, shall follow the filing of a complaint. The investigation shall be informal but thorough and afford all interested persons and their representatives, if any, an opportunity to submit evidence relevant to the complaint.
- A written determination as to the validity of the complaint and a description of the
resolution, if any, shall be issued and forwarded to the complainant no later than
thirty (30) calendar days after its filing.
- The complainant can request a reconsideration of the case in instances of dissatisfaction with the resolution. The request for reconsideration should be made within ten (10) calendar days.
- The ADA coordinator shall maintain the files and records relating to the complaints filed.
- The right of a person to a prompt and equitable resolution of the complaint filed hereunder shall not be impaired by nor shall the use of this procedure be a prerequisite to the pursuit of other remedies.
- Other remedies include the filing of an ADA complaint with the Department of the Interior: Office for Equal Opportunity, Office of the Secretary, Department of the Interior, 18th & C Streets, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20547.
NOTE: DoiTT employees with a disability may file employment-related discrimination complaints through the existing DoITT EEO complaint procedure.
255 Greenwich Ave, 9th Fl
New York, NY 10007
Submit an ADA complaint