LinkNYC is a first-of-its kind communications network that provides fast and free public Wi-Fi to New Yorkers, small businesses, and visitors. Built at no cost to taxpayers, the Link kiosks are replacing outdated payphones to improve New Yorkers' access to the internet and continue to provide a place to make phone calls.
What Do the Links Do?
Links are connection points that house cutting-edge wireless technology, interactive communication systems, and digital advertising displays. Each ADA-compliant Link structure features:
- 24/7 free encrypted Wi-Fi with up to gigabit speeds
- Free phone calls to anywhere in the U.S.
- Integrated lighting
- Digital displays which exhibit strategic, insight-driven advertisements & public service announcements
- Tactile keypad with Braille lettering, dedicated 911 button, speaker, microphone & headphone jack
- USB charger for free mobile device usage
- Video Relay System to provide service to users with disabilities
- Touchscreen Android tablet with access to certain City services, with multi-lingual support
Submit a Complaint
Report a problem with a LinkNYC kiosk.
Franchise Agreement Documents
Review the franchise agreement documents
More information about Link locations and usage can be found on DoITT’s Open Data portal:
Find a LinkNYC Near You
Use the map below to find the nearest LinkNYC.