SYEP's CareerREADY Program was created to provide enhanced opportunities for youth to explore career options and develop work readiness skills, including critical 21st century competencies such as problem solving, team building and analytic reasoning.
Designed to strengthen connections between academic learning and career exploration. Select NYC public high schools and SYEP contractors work collaboratively to implement both school year and summer program components. Emphasizing work-readiness content to fit the career interests of the youth.
Special programming available for NYC youth through various service options:
- NYC Teens ages 14—15 can participate in paid project-based activities which will help them explore different career opportunities
- Young people ages 16—24 can apply for paid summer jobs in a variety of industries throughout NYC
- Must be a resident of the five boroughs of NYC.
- Legally allowed to work in the United States.
- Must attend one of select DOE schools
- For more information please contact the community-based organization assigned to the school.