Contest Timeline: The contest begins on June 15, 2018 and ends on July 31, 2018.
Description: New York City Emergency Management (“NYCEM”) seeks contest submissions from residents of the five boroughs of New York City (“Entrants”) that demonstrate familiarity with and knowledge of the New York City Hurricane Evacuation Zones. Entrants are encouraged to submit pictures, videos and testimonials demonstrating how they know their zones, and to share their personal experiences with past storms and other relevant stories.
How to Enter: Entrants may submit entries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or through social media via Facebook or Twitter by tagging New York City Emergency Management.
Selection: Winners will be selected by NYCEM staff from submitted entries based upon the entries deemed the most well-made and informative.
Notification: Winners will be notified upon the conclusion of the contest, which shall occur no later than July 15, 2018, via the email address or social media handle used for entry.
Prizes: There are a limited number of available prizes, which include umbrellas and water bottles. Prizes will be distributed to winners based upon the number of entries received.
1) Only one entry per person.
2) Entrants must be residents of the five boroughs of the City of New York.
3) Minors and employees of the City of New York are prohibited from entry.
4) By entering this contest, entrant warrants that the content of their submission is truthful to the best of their knowledge.
5) By entering and providing a contest submission to NYCEM, the entrant grants to NYCEM and the City of New York an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submission in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose. Entrant represents and warrant that nothing contained in their submission infringes on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and that entrant has the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to the City of New York and NYCEM herein, including but not limited to all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
6) Entrant, through submission to this contest, grants NYCEM the right to publish their name, borough of residence, and the content of their submission on NYCEM’s website and/or NYCEM’s social media accounts. NYCEM reserves the right to reuse the content of the submission at any time and in any medium.
7) Entrant hereby agrees to hold the City of New York and NYCEM harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with any use authorized under these Rules, of any contest submission.