Work With Us
The East Side Coastal Resiliency (ESCR) project is a public investment that will help drive the City's economy and create jobs in New York City neighborhoods. As the ESCR project is launched, information on training, careers and contracting opportunities will be posted here. We encourage individuals and local M/WBE and Section 3 firms to review the opportunities and resources below, as well as the factsheet outlining the ESCR Subcontracting and Hiring Goals.
Our ESCR M/WBE and Section 3 representatives are available at community board meetings and project events to provide updates and respond to questions.
Submit an inquiry through our Public Inquiry Tool.
Have a question now?
We are continually working to make our hiring events helpful and relevant to the community. Please take this short survey to help inform upcoming events.
Save the Date: Work With Us In-Person Quarterly Information Event | Spanish | Chinese
Career Pathways Exploration within the ESCR Project
October 19, 2022, 4:30pm - 7:00 pm EST, Lower East Side Manhattan
Design, administration and construction careers will be featured. More details to follow.
Henry Street Settlement’s Jobs Plus In-Person Job Fair
October 4, 2022, 2pm – 5pm
Henry Street Settlement’s Jobs Plus Program will be hosting an indoor Job Fair and would like to invite employers to meet member candidates for available positions at your companies. Please note all office spaces and restrooms have PPE (i.e. hand sanitizer, masks), Covid screener and social distancing guidelines are strictly enforced.
Save the Date for The 28th Annual 2022 Competitive Edge Conference
October 31, 2022, 9am – 3pm, Pier 60 Chelsea Piers, NY NY
The must-attend event for MWLBE | DBE | SDVOB | Prime Contractors. Since 1993, the Competitive Edge Conference has linked the region’s small businesses, including MWLBEs and Locally Based Enterprises, with leading decision-makers across industries.
Careers & Procurement
The ESCR project team is committed to working with M/WBE and Section 3 firms. As we onboard our contractors, we continue to assess workforce needs.
Current Job and Contracting Opportunities
- 001 - Printing Shop/Print Services (HNTB-LiRo)
- 003 - Senior Inspector (HNTB-LiRo)
- 004 - Inspector II (HNTB-LiRo)
- 005 - Office Engineer (HNTB-LiRo)
- 006 - Assistant Office Engineer (HNTB-LiRo)
- 009 - Administrative Assistant (IPC)
- 010 - Payroll Specialist (IPC)
View job descriptions and apply through our online portal.
Visit the New York City Department of Design and Construction's (NYCDDC's) procurement site for other opportunities related to the ESCR project as they are made available.
Opportunities with our Partnering Organizations
The ESCR project team hosts quarterly virtual information sessions on subcontracting resources and opportunities for Minority/Woman-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBE) and Section 3 Business Entities as well as hiring resources for individuals.
Subscribe for project notifications to receive updates.
- 5/25/2022 Spring Virtual Information Session:Upgrade your Resume Package Download Presentation | View Live Stream Recording
If you're new to the workforce, learn how to create a resume. For experienced individuals, explore ways to upgrade your resume to effectively feature your skills and market your value to the potential employer. Features LESEN, the Lower East Side Employment Network and the East Side Coastal Resiliency PMCM Team.
- 2/16/2022 ESCR Winter Virtual Information Session & Resource Fair | General Session | Breakout Rooms
Featuring Council Member Carlina Rivera, NYC Department of Design and Construction Office of Diversity and Industry Relations (NYCDDC ODIR), the Program and Construction Management Team (PMCM), NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS), Workforce1, ESCR General Contractors (GCs), and Lower East Side Employment Network (LESEN).
Download the ESCR Winter Virtual Information Session & Resource Fair presentation
- 10/6/2021 HNTB Partners Webinar
Featuring NYCDDC Chief Diversity and Industry Relations Officer, Wayne Lambert and NYC Council Woman Carlina Rivera, co-sponsored by Professional Women in Construction.
- 7/28/2021 ESCR 2nd Quarterly Work With Us Virtual Information Session Recording
Virtual information session focused on subcontracting and hiring opportunities through the Project Area 2 General Contractor, Perfetto Contracting Co. Includes a step-by-step review of how to join PCC's directory of subcontractors for current and future opportunities.
Download the presentation
Past Event Archive
Click a topic, or press the enter key on a topic, to reveal its answer.
- Workforce1 Career Discovery NYC: The City of New York is committed to helping New Yorkers start great paying careers in the construction trades through Career Discovery NYC. Workforce1 partners with four (4) training organizations that offer pre-apprenticeships with direct entry to the unionized construction industry. The first step to enroll in a pre-apprenticeship is to attend an information session. Interested individuals should complete a brief survey. Workforce1 will follow up with details for qualified candidates about the training, starting the application process, and the Information Sessions this Fall. See program information sheet for more info.
- Workforce1 Virtual Site Safety Training: Looking for a career in the construction industry? The Upper Manhattan Workforce1 Career Center offers the full 40 hours of Virtual Site Safety Training AT NO COST. They also offer 10 hours of Virtual Site Safety Training for those individuals who already have a valid 30 Hour OSHA credential, AT NO COST. Download the flyer for eligibility and registration information.
- Construction Skills: This is a City funded pre-apprenticeship program that links graduates to the building and construction trade unions. Year round opportunities are also available!
Additional Resources and Partner Diversity
Our team is committed to diversity and fostering an environment for growth and advancement opportunities. Women and minority-owned businesses, disadvantaged businesses, small businesses, Section 3 businesses and businesses owned by disabled veterans are encouraged to apply and compete for all contracts and subcontracts.
Create a PASSPort account with the NYC Mayor's Office of Contracts to do business with the City.
The resources below offer assistance in getting certified with New York City, New York State or specific agencies if your business is eligible and has not registered or filed for certification.
Local Employment Opportunities