C-94 Supervise of Storage, Handling and Use of Chemicals in Funeral Homes
A Certificate of Fitness is required by all Funeral Home Directors whose main responsibility is to supervise storage of the materials and Embalmer’s who handle and use the chemicals in funeral homes.
Certificate of Fitness is valid only for the person who applied for it and at the location it was applied.
- New Application Fees: $25
- Renewal Fees: $15
- Application Reviewed Within: 5 Days
- Renewal Cycle: 3 Years
Before You Submit Your Application
This Certificate of Fitness can be obtained by passing a written exam. All applicants should review the Notice of Exam and Study Materials.
Applicants who need to take the exam must apply in person and bring the following documents
Applicants who qualify for the exemption should review the C-94 Alternative Issuance Procedure Information. Applicants must apply in person and provide the following information:
Apply in Person
- Applicants must arrive at the Public Certification Unit ready to submit their application form and supporting documents pay the application fee and take the exam. An appointment is not required unless you are in a group of 10 or more. Groups of 10 or more must make an appointment.
- Submit your completed application form and supporting documents.
- Pay application fee by one of the following methods.
- Take Exam
- If you pass the exam, your COF will be issued immediately. If you fail the exam, you will need to submit a new application, pay the application fee again and retake the exam.
For More Information
NYC Fire Department (FDNY)
<Back to Certificate of Fitness
Public Certification Unit
9 MetroTech Center, 1st Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Phone: (718) 999-1988
Email: email@example.com or call 311