A permit is required to store, handle or use an aggregate quantity of Level 1, 2 or 3 aerosol products in excess of 100 pounds net weight.
- Level 1 aerosols are predominately water-based, such as shaving gel or whipped cream.
- Level 2 aerosols are often alcohol formulated based, such as hair spray, sunscreen and insect repellants.
- Level 3 aerosols are hydrocarbon formulated based, such as carburetor cleaner and petroleum-based aerosols.Cost of Permit
A FDNY inspector will visit the premise annually and perform an inspection prior to permit expiration
- Certificate of Occupancy or Department of Building approval.
- Official business documentation, such as Tax ID, liability insurance, etc.
- Certificate of Fitness:
A-49 Supervision of Aerosols
See the Following Fire Code Chapter
For Further Information
<Back To Permits