Coke-fueled Salamanders Permit
- Open Fires – Portable Space Heaters - Coke Fueled Salamander(s)
Cost of Permit
- Not to exceed 1 year.
- Until end of Heating Season May 15th or 31st of calendar year.
- OR FDNY permit expiration will coincide with the Department of Buildings (or Authority having jurisdiction) permit expiration date.
- Letter of request
- Proof of Liability Insurance
- DOB work permit (or Authority having jurisdiction)
- Certificates of Fitness:
S-92 Supervision of Portable Space Heaters at Construction Sites
F-60 Fire Guard at Construction Sites
G-40 if Coke will be ignited with LPG torch
The following are required:
- A site inspection
- Storage facilities in an approved metal bin, located at least ten (10) feet from any coke-filled salamander(s) in use.
- Log of F-60 holders hourly inspection and re-inspection ½ hour and 1 hour after operations cease.
For assistance with applying for and receiving Permits and Letters of Approval on FDNY Business, contact the FDNY Customer Service Center by dialing 311, or via email at FDNY.BusinessSupport@FDNY.nyc.gov.
< Back to Permits