Coke-fueled Salamanders Permit
- Open Fires – Portable Space Heaters - Coke Fueled Salamander(s)
Cost of Permit
- Not to exceed 1 year.
- Until end of Heating Season May 15th or 31st of calendar year.
- OR FDNY permit expiration will coincide with the Department of Buildings (or Authority having jurisdiction) permit expiration date.
- Letter of request
- Proof of Liability Insurance
- DOB work permit (or Authority having jurisdiction)
- Certificates of Fitness:
S-92 Supervision of Portable Space Heaters at Construction Sites
F-60 Fire Guard at Construction Sites
G-40 if Coke will be ignited with LPG torch
The following are required:
- A site inspection
- Storage facilities in an approved metal bin, located at least ten (10) feet from any coke-filled salamander(s) in use.
- Log of F-60 holders hourly inspection and re-inspection ½ hour and 1 hour after operations cease.
For More Information:
< Back to Permits