Combustible Material Storage Permit
A permit is required to store in any building, structure, premises or facility:
- More than 2,000 cubic feet gross volume of combustible empty packing cases, boxes, barrels or similar containers, rubber (excluding tires), cork or similar combustible material, including combustible waste, OR
- More than 1,000 pounds of flammable plastic foam products, regardless of volume.
A permit is NOT REQUIRED for such storage:
- In buildings or structures protected throughout by a sprinkler system.
- If the storage is kept exclusively in a dedicated area of a building or structure which is protected throughout by a sprinkler system and separated from the rest of the building or structure by 2-hour fire-resistance-rated construction.
|Cost of Permit
|Store more than 2,000 cubic feet (57 m3)
|Store flammable plastic foam:
|Up to and including 6,000 pounds (2724 kg)
|More than 6,000 pounds (2724 kg)
Get the Following Fire Code Chapter:
- Fire Code Chapter 23 (PDF)
- Also Falls Under Various Other Chapter With Respect to Proper Storage and Maintance.
For More Information:
<Back To Permits