Motor Fuel-Dispensing Facilities Permit
A permit is required to maintain or operate the following types of compressed natural gas motor fuel-dispensing facilities:
1. Fleet motor fuel-dispensing facilities.
2. Full-service motor fuel-dispensing facilities.
3. Self-service motor fuel-dispensing facilities.
Cost of Permit
- Official business documentation, such as Tax ID, liability insurance, etc.
- FDNY Certificate of Fitness:
- P-16: Handle Motor Fuel – Gas Station (for gas stations operating on a 24-hour basis, minimum of three certificates of fitness are required)
- W-16: Certificate of License to Install, Alter, Test or Repair Automotive and Marine Liquid Motor Fuel Storage and Dispensing Systems and Flammable Liquids and Combustible Liquids Storage System
- Submission of Building Department approved plans
For further information, including annual inspections of the facility, email Fire Prevention District Office Headquarters at: DistrictOfficeHeadquarters@fdny.nyc.gov or call (718) 403-4001 or 4003.
<Back to Permits