Motor Fuel-Dispensing Facilities Permit
A permit is required to maintain or operate the following types of compressed natural gas motor fuel-dispensing facilities:
1. Fleet motor fuel-dispensing facilities.
2. Full-service motor fuel-dispensing facilities.
3. Self-service motor fuel-dispensing facilities.
Cost of Permit
- Official business documentation, such as Tax ID, liability insurance, etc.
- FDNY Certificate of Fitness:
- P-16: Handle Motor Fuel – Gas Station (for gas stations operating on a 24-hour basis, minimum of three certificates of fitness are required)
- W-16: Certificate of License to Install, Alter, Test or Repair Automotive and Marine Liquid Motor Fuel Storage and Dispensing Systems and Flammable Liquids and Combustible Liquids Storage System
- Submission of Building Department approved plans
For assistance with applying for and receiving Permits and Letters of Approval on FDNY Business, contact the FDNY Customer Service Center by dialing 311, or via email at FDNY.BusinessSupport@FDNY.nyc.gov.
<Back to Permits