Repair Garages Permit
A permit is required to maintain or operate a repair garage.
Cost of Permit
Maintain or operate a repair garage.
There may be additional fees associated operation of repair garage, such as storage of combustible liquids (e.g. motor oil), air compressors, and hot work operations.
Inspection unit will review such fees at time of inspection.
- A FDNY inspector will visit the premise annually and perform an inspection prior to permit expiration
- Certificate of Occupancy or Department of Buildings Approval for a repair garage to be operated at the premises.
- NYS Motor Vehicle Repair Shop registration. You can verify if you are required to register as a repair shop here (PDF).
- Official business documentation, such as Tax ID, liability insurance, etc.
- Additional Certificates of Fitness may apply. Contact the District Office for More Information.
Additional Fees May Apply. Get information on Spraying or Dipping and Motor Fuel - Dispensing Facilities
Get the Following Fire Code Chapter:
Repair garages for the conversion and/or repair vehicles which use lighter-than-air motor fuel, such as hydrogen, will require compliance with additional Fire Code and Building Code requirements.
For further information:
<Back To Permits