Service Changes and Self-Service Options

Most Department of Finance transactions can be conducted online, rather than in person. Click below for information on current service changes and how to pay your taxes, tickets or apply for benefits online. If you have a question, please call 311 or visit to submit an inquiry.

If you are not able to complete your transaction online, you can now schedule an appointment to visit one of our business centers.

Service Changes

Updated 9/14/2020

  • The New York City Council recently passed legislation that reduces the late payment interest rate for property taxes due on July 1, 2020, for eligible property owners who have been impacted by COVID-19.

  • The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance issues sales tax guidance related to COVID-19 tax relief.

  • Business Tax Filing Extension information due to the COVID-19 Outbreak has been posted on the Business & Excise Tax page. Download Press Release and Frequently Asked Questions.

  • The New York City Department of Finance offers programs to help property owners with hardships pay for property taxes. Download Press Release.

  • The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance announces relief from certain filing and payment deadlines due to the Novel Coronavirus, COVID-1.

  • The Tax Map Office is closed at this time, but staff are continuing to review documents and process applications. To submit your documentation please contact us to receive further instruction.

  • The deadline to file a property Request for Review for reviewing a property's market value has been extended to May 1, 2020 for Class 2 and Class 4 properties. Visit the Challenge Your Assessment page for more information.

  • On September 4, the Mayor announced that the last day to pay and remove properties from the tax lien sale at-risk pool has been postponed to September 24. Soon after, the governor issued an executive order prohibiting any sales of tax liens until October 4. During this time, DOF will continue to work with property owners whose tax lien is at risk of being sold.  Read more on the Lien Sale page.

  • In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of Finance has extended the deadline for Real Property Income and Expense (RPIE) statements and storefront registry filings from June 1, 2020, to July 1, 2020.

  • The deadline for filing your Form NYC-1127 has been extended to July 30, 2020, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Read more on the Personal Income Tax & Non-resident NYC Employee Payments page.

  • In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all conciliation conferences have been suspended.

  • RPIE filers whose properties have an actual assessed value of $750,000 or greater will be required to file an addendum containing rent roll information. The deadline to file this addendum has been extended to October 1, 2020.
  • No additional penalties will be added to any unpaid non-judgment parking ticket or camera violations between March 22 and October 4, 2020. Tickets that were in judgment prior to March 22, 2020, will continue to incur interest.

  • The time limit for submitting parking ticket and camera violation hearing requests and appeals has been suspended through October 4, 2020.  You can still have a hearing by mail or an online hearing if you wish, but there will be no in-person hearings for parking tickets or camera violations until further notice. Visit the Dispute a Ticket page for more information. If you wish to have an in-person hearing, please check the DOF website or call 311 to confirm if in-person hearings have resumed.

  • Office of the Parking Summons Advocate - Due to the covid-19 virus outbreak, the OPSA will be temporarily suspending office hours. Alternatively, please Contact the OPSA online.
  • Cash Bail and Court & Trust -Walk-in services for cash bail and court & trust at the Manhattan Business Center located at 66 John Street have been suspended until further notice. Visit the Cash Bail or Court & Trust Funds pages for more information.
  • The Manhattan and Staten Island Rent Freeze and Exemptions Assistance Centers will be closed until further notice as of April 1. Though DOF business centers remain open, we encourage you to use our online services below, rather than visit a business center.

  • Do you have questions about how the COVID-19 outbreak could be affecting your Rent Freeze Program benefit or application? Read our Frequently Asked Questions to learn about changes related to application processing times, how and where to submit initial and renewal applications, what to do if you have trouble obtaining a lease or other documentation, or have experienced a loss of income, and more.

Online Payment and Filing Options

You may file a New York City business tax return or extension or pay your business taxes using the Department of Finance's business tax e-Services. You may also do so using the IRS's modernized e-Filing system, which is available via popular tax preparation software programs.

To pay a parking ticket, visit

To dispute a ticket, download the Pay or Dispute mobile app or visit

To dispute your ticket by mail:

  1. Return the ticket with the reason why you believe you are not guilty checked off on the back.
  2. Attach a letter explaining why you should be found not guilty of the violation; and
  3. Attach copies of any evidence that you wish to present.
  4. Make sure to keep copies of everything that you send for your own records and mail your request to:
NYC Department of Finance
Hearings By Mail Unit
P.O. Box 29021
Cadman Plaza Station
Brooklyn, NY 11202-9021

To pay your property tax bill online, visit

To view your account, including current and past bills, visit and search for your property by address or borough-block-lot number.

To pay your property tax bill by mail, include the borough-block-lot number and tax period on your check payable to “NYC Department of Finance.” Mail your check (do not send cash) to:

Lockbox 333
400 White Clay Center Drive
Newark, DE 19711

Note: During the Covid-19 virus crisis, private carriers that require a physical address (e.g., FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.) can mail payment to:

Lockbox 333
400 White Clay Center Drive
Newark, DE 19711

To pay charges issued to you by a City agency, including Environmental Control Board (ECB) charges, visit

The Department of Finance administers a number of property tax exemptions and abatements. To learn more and to apply, visit The deadline to apply for or renew a tax exemption for tax year 2020-21 is March 16, 2020.

The New York City Rent Freeze Program helps tenants by freezing their rent at an affordable level. To learn more or to download an application, visit

To request that a paper application be mailed to you, please call 311.

If you have received a notice from the Department of Finance indicating that you are at risk of being included in the lien sale, please visit to learn more about what you can do to avoid being included in the sale. You will need to pay what you owe in full or enter into a payment agreement

The Department of Finance offers a number of payment agreements to help you pay your delinquent property taxes and related charges. To learn more about payment plans and to download a payment agreement, visit To request that a payment agreement application be mailed to you, please call 311. You can mail your completed payment agreement application to:

NYC Department of Finance
Payment Plans Unit
59 Maiden Lane, 19th Floor
New York, NY 10038.

The Property Tax and Interest Deferral Program, or PT AID, allows eligible homeowners to defer their property tax payments or pay only a small percentage of their income. To learn more or to download an application, visit To request that a PT AID application be mailed to you, please call 311.

If your vehicle has been booted or towed, please call (646) 517-1000 to pay what you owe. For more information, visit our webpages on booted and towed vehicles.

If you need to record or access a deed or other property-related document, please visit the Automated City Register Information System (ACRIS) at

You do not need to take action to receive your cash bail refund. The Department of Finance will mail your refund to the address we have on file. You should receive your refund within eight weeks of the resolution of the court case. If you have questions or have not received your refund within eight weeks, visit

Frequently Asked Questions

New York City’s Traveler Restrictions

Why has New York City enacted random checkpoints?
These checkpoints are another educational tool designed to ensure travelers understand and comply with New York State’s travel restrictions.

Through enormous sacrifice and perseverance, New York City has reduced COVID-19 transmission and positive test rates to among the lowest in the country. We cannot afford to let our guard down now.

What are New York City’s travel restrictions?
New York State law requires anyone entering New York State from states with a high COVID-19 positivity rate to:

  1. Quarantine (remain in your home or the place you are staying except for emergencies or to seek medical care) for 14 days upon arrival, AND
  2. Register by completing the New York State Traveler Health Form

Who is subject to New York City’s travel restrictions?
Any individual who has spent more than 24 hours in any state on New York’s Restricted State List in the last 14 days.

Where can I find out if a state I traveled to is on the New York Restricted State List?

I am a New York City resident. Do I have to complete the New York State Traveler Health Form and quarantine for 14 days?
Yes, if you traveled to any state on New York’s Restricted State List and spent more than 24 hours in that state.

Where will the checkpoints be located?
We can confirm that they will be located throughout New York City.

What will happen at the checkpoints?
  1. Individuals will be asked whether they have spent more than 24 hours in any State on New York’s Restricted State list in the last 14 days.
  2. If yes, the individual will be required to complete a New York State Traveler Health Form. The form is available online and can be filled out in advance or at the checkpoint.

How long will I be stopped?
Just a couple of minutes. The registration form takes less than 5 minutes to complete. You can avoid that delay by filling out the form online before you arrive in New York City.

What if I am only passing through New York City and not stopping?
You are still required to complete the New York State Traveler Form if you spent more than 24 hours in any state on New York’s Restricted State List in the last 14 days.

What happens if I do not comply with State law and fail to register and/or quarantine?
We know that everyone will cooperate in the interest of public health and slowing the spread of COVID-19. However, for truly exceptional cases of noncompliance, pursuant to State law, individuals may be subject to significant fines.

What are some helpful resources?

اللغة العربية  | বাঙালি | 中文 | français | kreyòl ayisyen
한국어  | Polski| русский | español | اردو


NYC Travel Advisory Flyer