Forfeited Cash Bail

Finance can receive a forfeit order from a court instructing us to keep Cash Bail. If you receive a letter notifying you that your Cash Bail has been forfeited by the court, then you must contact the court that ordered the forfeiture or the District Attorney’s Office within 45 days of the date of the letter to find out the reason for the forfeiture. Only a judge can issue or reverse a forfeit order.