Parking Ticket Payment Plans
A parking ticket payment plan is an agreement between you and the Department of Finance under which you agree to pay the total amount you owe for parking ticket judgment debt in installments, over time, instead of paying all at once. Entering into a parking ticket payment plan can prevent enforcement actions, such as having your vehicle booted or towed.
Although your payments will be more manageable with a payment plan, the total amount you owe will increase because interest will continue to accrue until the amount you owe is completely paid off. For example, if you owe $1,000 and you choose a 24-month payment plan with 9% interest, you will end up paying a total of more than $1,100.
Parking Ticket Payment Plan Eligibility
To be eligible to enter into a parking ticket payment plan with the Department of Finance:
- You must be the registered owner of the vehicle, the owner’s court-appointed agent or the lessee of a vehicle who has been designated as liable for judgment summonses by the vehicle’s lessor.
- You must agree to include all open parking ticket judgments not already covered by an active payment plan.
- You must pay 20% or more of the total amount due at the time you enter into the agreement.*
- For judgments under $350 you must agree to a 60-day plan.
- For judgments that are $350 and more, you must agree to a payment plan length of 24 months or fewer.*
- You must agree to pay the balance owed on all open judgment violations. If you wish to dispute any tickets in a hearing, you must do so before the payment plan begins.
- You must pay all outstanding booting, towing, and related fees in full.
- If your vehicle has been booted or towed, you must provide proof that your vehicle is currently registered and insured in order for the vehicle to be released.
- Additional financial information is required from any respondent that owes more than $10,000 in judgment debt.
*A lower down payment amount or longer plan length may be available to individuals experiencing a financial hardship. This requires the submission of additional information to a Collections supervisor.
To apply for a parking payment plan, individuals, partners, or agents are required to submit copies of the following documents:
- Valid government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport, New York State benefit card)
- Current vehicle registration and insurance card
- Current corporation or company bank signature card
Judgment Satisfaction and Release of Registration and Vehicle
- Satisfaction of Judgment or Registration Clearance will not be provided until payment in full has been made and there are no other judgment summonses outstanding.
- Vehicles will be released upon payment in full of all outstanding judgment debt plus fees, or, in the event of a payment plan, the down payment plus all fees.
Enrolling in a Parking Ticket Payment Plan
To enroll in a parking ticket payment plan, please complete the parking/camera violation payment plan enrollment form and agreement
Once you have completed the form, you can upload it through our Customer Service Portal at www.nyc.gov/parkingticketpaymentplans.
To learn more, please call (212) 440-5300, contact us through the Customer Service Portal, or visit www.nyc.gov/finance.