Build It Back offers counseling referrals to eligible applicants who may need additional assistance moving their application forward through the Program. Working in partnership with The Center for New York City Neighborhoods
(CNYCN), a nonprofit organization specializing in housing, financial, and legal counseling, are available to help homeowners to resolve tough challenges related to your application. Counseling is provided at no cost to individuals who are eligible and registered applicants.
How can a Build It Back Counselor help me?
Build It Back Counselors can help you:
- Work with your mortgage company to prevent foreclosure, reduce unaffordable payments, or negotiate a forbearance.
- Think through difficult financial decisions about your Build It Back options.
- Address contractor scam or fraud.
- Obtain insurance money held by your mortgage company.
- Document your recovery costs, your household income, and prepare any other required documentation.
How do I start working with a Build It Back Counselor?
If you are interested in counseling, please call Build It Back Customer Service at (212) 615-8329.
A Build It Back Counseling Representative will follow up for additional information to better understand your case, and to schedule a meeting for you with a Build It Back Counselor serving your neighborhood or referred to another trusted organization that can assist you.