Registration for the Build It Back Program is closed. If you would like more information on the process, please visit our Archives page.
The Build It Back Single Family Program was designed to assist owners of properties with one to four units affected by Hurricane Sandy. Homeowners who were eligible proceeded through one of the Program’s pathways:
- Repair: If your home was damaged by Hurricane Sandy, Build It Back completed any remaining repairs.
- Repair with Elevation: If your home was substantially damaged by Hurricane Sandy, Build It Back completed any remaining repairs and also raised the home to comply with flood elevation standards.
- Rebuild: If your home was demolished or damaged beyond repair by Hurricane Sandy, Build It Back built a new home for you that was elevated and will include resiliency improvements.
- Reimbursement: If you made repairs to your home or signed a contract with contractors, your expenses were reimbursed by Build It Back.
- Acquisition/Buyout: If your home needed to be rebuilt or elevated, eligible homeowners had been able to voluntarily sell their home to the government.
You can find Frequently Asked Questions on Build It Back’s FAQ Page