As an HPD Section 8 tenant, you may move with continued assistance once every twelve months, after completing the initial term of your lease. You must, however, obtain a move voucher before moving from your current unit, or else risk losing your subsidy. You may move anywhere in the United States where a Section 8 program is administered.

For more information, contact the Move Unit at (917) 286-4300. You may also download a copy of the Move Request Form and Moving Allowance Program Fact Sheet