Tenants' Rights and Responsibilities
In New York City, Section 8 tenants have many rights and responsibilities relating to the maintenance and quality of their housing. It is important that tenants understand both their rights and responsibilities.
In addition to universal tenants' rights, Section 8 tenants are allowed the following:
- Access to the Family Self-Sufficiency Program (FSS)
- You may move with continued assistance once every twelve months, after completing the initial term of your lease. Contact the Move Unit for more information.
Section 8 tenants must comply with all rules and requirements of the Section 8 program as a condition of receiving subsidy. These include, but are not limited to:
- Providing information necessary to administering the program (including Social Security numbers and income information)
- Maintaining Housing Quality Standards
- Paying your share of the rent on time
- Complying with all the terms of your lease
- Completing an annual recertification package
- Reporting all changes in family composition and income within 30 days
- Reporting any absence from the unit of 90 days or more
- Notifying HPD before moving and obtain a move voucher.
For more information, see the Section 8 Administrative Plan, Section 8 Frequently Asked Questions, or Briefing Book or call the Section 8 Helpline at 917-286-4300.
For information about HPD’s Mainstream Voucher Program, please see Mainstream Vouchers: Frequently Asked Questions English | Spanish
Victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking
Victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking are eligible for accommodations related to their housing assistance under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) of 2013.This includes participants and applicants with tenant based vouchers or residents in Project Based Voucher assisted developments which includes MOD Rehab and Continuum of Care Programs (Shelter Plus Care or MOD SRO).
- VAWA Notice of Occupancy Right
- Regular (HCV) and Project-Based Voucher VAWA Accommodation Package
- Mod Rehab Subsidy VAWA Accommodation Package
- Continuum of Care (CoC) VAWA Accommodation Package
If you have questions about your subsidy type, please call Client Services: 917-286-4300