Phone Numbers

  • General: Infoline 718-557-1399
  • Adult Protective Services: 212-630-1853
  • Child Support Helpline: 888-208-4485
  • Domestic Violence & Emergency Intervention: 800-621-4673
  • Emergency Food Assistance: 866-888-8777
  • HIV/AIDS Services Administration: 212-971-0626
  • Report Welfare Fraud: 718-722-8001 or fill out a form online


Please visit one of our locations.


Send an email to the Commissioner.

The Freedom of Information Law (FOIL)

The Freedom of Information Law is New York State's principal statute on providing for public access to the records of government.

Open Records  

All Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) requests to the Human Resources Administration should be submitted via NYC OpenRecords ( Select "Human Resources Administration (HRA)" from the agency dropdown menu.

HRA’s Records Access Officer:
Paul Ligresti, Esq.
Associate General Counsel
150 Greenwich Street, 38th Fl., New York, NY 10007

HRA’s Records Appeals Officer:
Martha Calhoun, Esq.
Records Appeals Officer
150 Greenwich Street, 38th Fl., New York, NY 10007

Questions about specific requests should also be made through NYC OpenRecords by using the “Contact the Agency” link available on every request page.

Subpoenas and Legal Papers

In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the service window for the City of New York Department of Social Services (DSS)* located at 150 Greenwich Street, New York, New York 10007 is closed. During this period, we have established an email address where DSS is now accepting service. The newly established email address for service is

*DSS is comprised of the NYC Human Resources Administration and the NYC Department of Homeless Services

Public Solicitation Licenses

HRA permits nonprofit organizations, associations and corporations to solicit donations for charitable purposes in New York City.

HRA administers Public Solicitation Licenses for event producers interested in soliciting for services, products, or charities at their event. These solicitations can take place indoors or outdoors. Outdoor solicitations include pledges to a walk-a-thon/bike-a-thon, or door-to-door canvassing with a kit. Indoor solicitations include contributions taken in a public space, or the operation of a thrift shop, rummage sale, book sale, bazaar and sale of tickets for fundraising purposes.