Adult Protective Services
The Adult Protective Services Program (APS) provides services for physically and/or mentally impaired adults. APS works to help at-risk clients live safely in their homes. APS clients can be referred by anyone. Find more information on referrals or make a referral here or call 212-630-1853. If an individual is eligible, a home visit will be made in three business days or in 24 hours if the situation is life-threatening. Read this brochure for more information on what qualifies an individual for APS and what factors are taken into consideration during a home visit.
For more information, contact the APS office in your borough:
- Brooklyn Borough Office: 718-722-4830 | 718-722-4812
- Bronx Borough Office: 929-252-8500
- Manhattan North Borough Office: 212-971-2727
- Manhattan South Borough Office: 212-279-5794
- Queens Borough Office: 718-883-8254
- Staten Island Borough Office: 718-556-5846
Other phone numbers:
APS is a state-mandated case management program and part of HRA's Office of Special Services.