Human Resources Administration311Search all websites

Child Support Services

New York City Office of Child Support Services (OCSS)

Child Support Services (OCSS)

HRA's Office of Child Support Services (OCSS) serves parents (both mothers and fathers) and guardians, regardless of income or immigration status, lifting tens of thousands of New York City children out of poverty every year.

Alert: Coronavirus Update for Child Support Services

With the ongoing pandemic, we encourage clients to continue to email us to request a customer service phone appointment or for an email response. The New York City Office of Child Support Services (OCSS) offices are in the process of reopening with limited staffing at this time.

Click a topic, or press the enter key on a topic, to reveal the details.

I Need Child Support Assistance

  • Email Please include your Child Support case number in your email inquiry.
  • Schedule a phone appointment with a Customer Service caseworker by emailing Please provide your name, Child Support case number, a description of your concern(s), phone number, and the best time to reach you. Enter "Requesting a Customer Service Appointment" in the subject line of your email.
  • Call 888-208-4485, the New York State Child Support Helpline.
  • Mail us at:
    PO Box 830
    Canal Street Station
    New York, NY 10013

OCSS remains committed to replying to your inquiry as soon as possible.

I Have a Child Support Appointment – for Cash Assistance Applicants and Recertifications

Not responding to a child support notice or missing a child support appointment may result in your Cash Assistance benefit being reduced by 25%, loss of Medicaid coverage for yourself, and loss of eligibility for some rental assistance programs. For assistance, please call the phone number on your appointment notice or email OCSS at

I Need Family Court Assistance

Court updates are available at The Court is accepting support modification requests through EDDS (the court's electronic document delivery system on its website at, or by U.S. mail addressed to the appropriate county Family Court, or by calling 212-343-1122 (LIFT) or 646-386-5299 (Family Court) for assistance. The date of contact with the court and postmark will be recorded.

I Want to Apply for Child Support Services

You can download a child support application or call for one to be mailed to you:

I Want to Make a Payment

For information about making a child support payment, see mail and online options.

To pay child support with a credit or debit card by phone, Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm, call 929-252-5201.

I Need to Apply for Relief from an Administrative Enforcement

Click a topic, or press the enter key on a topic, to reveal the details.



Brochures and Other Information

Child Support in the Community Newsletter

Parenting Resources

Other Resources