Health Assistance

Public Health Insurance

You can apply for Medicaid through HRA if you:

  • Are over 65
  • Need Medicaid because of a disability or blindness
  • Get Medicare and are not a parent or caretaker of minor children
  • Are a former foster young adult under 26

If any of these categories describe your case, call the HRA Helpline at 1-888-692-6116 or visit any one of the Medical Assistance Program Offices.

Low-income pregnant women, children, and adults under 65 must apply for coverage through NY State of Health. It is operated by New York State and is the Official Health Plan Marketplace. Contact the Marketplace at 1-855-355-5777.

Find a Medicaid Office near you.

Medicaid and Medicare Information

If you are a Medicaid consumer enrolled in the Surplus Income Program and will be having a non-legally responsible third party pay-in your surplus on your behalf, before they make the first payment they need to complete and submit this form.

If you have any questions about Medicare or Medicare Part D, or about choosing a Part D prescription drug plan or changing the one in which you were enrolled by Medicare, read more information here.

Child/Teen Health Program

For Professionals

  • Training Schedule: Learn about assisting clients with Medicaid applications, the renewal process, and how to answer questions about Medicaid eligibility.

Notices, Brochures, and Applications

You do not need an attorney to complete this form; however, if you have any questions about creating a Power of Attorney or you need assistance in understanding the Power of Attorney, please seek assistance from legal counsel.

Please be advised that Powers of Attorney executed after September 1, 2009 must contain the language in the above link in order to be accepted by HRA. Powers of Attorney executed before September 1, 2009 which do not contain the above language may still be valid.