Provider Tools and Supports
Assist clients in managing their cases
The ACCESS HRA Provider Portal
is a user-friendly website that, with client consent, functions like a dashboard with client case status and upcoming case due dates. This new functionality provides access to real-time case information, giving partners, like you, the ability to:
- View a client’s case status and case details, such as case members
- Make updates to a client’s contact preferences, such as a telephone number or mailing address
- Read agency notices posted to your client’s account
- View a client’s appointment details
- See recent documents HRA has recently received for a client’s case
- Request budget letters
- Receive notifications about an applicant or participant’s case, including when their recertification period begins
- View a client’s account balances or recent payments made on their behalf, such as payments made to a landlord or utility company
Partner organizations can enroll to use the Provider Portal by contacting DSS' Community Engagement Unit at email@example.com. Read the user guide. Read FAQ.
Help clients submit documents
Clients can use their smartphones or mobile devices with cameras to upload photos of their eligibility documentation for submission directly to HRA. We make two apps available to clients submitting eligibility documents:
- The NYC HRA Document Upload App can be used without logging into an ACCESS HRA account, allowing providers to help clients with document submission.
- The ACCESS HRA Mobile App gives clients the ability to use their mobile devices to log into their ACCESS HRA account and submit documents.
Both apps are available on Android and Apple devices.
Tell (and teach) clients about ACCESS HRA
HRA has developed marketing materials to highlight the ACCESS HRA website and mobile app, including:
- Palm cards
- Table tent cards
- How-to videos
Our partners can now order ACCESS HRA materials directly; it’s easy!
Set up an account by sending an email to CIWSCustomerServices@dss.nyc.gov that includes this information for each user:
- Name of organization
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
Train your providers
Attend one of our in-person ACCESS HRA training presentations to observe ACCESS HRA for Cash Assistance and SNAP clients in action. Sign up for a training today.
Each training covers:
- ACCESS HRA accounts
- Connecting to SNAP or Cash Assistance on ACCESS HRA
- SNAP applications and re-certifications
- Provider Portal
- Mobile app
- Viewing submitted documents and agency notices
Each session also includes a question and answer (Q&A) session.
We offer trainings in multiple formats:
- Seminar style trainings are held monthly at 4 World Trade Center in Manhattan.
- Computer-based trainings are held every Friday at 4 MetroTech in Brooklyn. Accommodating 15-30 participants each session allows for a hands-on approach.
- On a limited basis, HRA, can provide 1-2 hour on-site training sessions for non-profit organizations and government agencies to accommodate 15-30 participant sessions for those who cannot attend trainings at MetroTech or 4 World Trade Center. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about availability.
- HRA, in partnership with Single Stop, is developing online self-guided video tutorials and facilitated webinars to provide additional guidance on how to use ACCESS HRA for SNAP enrollment, the Provider Portal, and the ACCESS HRA Mobile App.
Sign up for a training today.
Sign up for our newsletters
Sign up for our quarterly e-newsletter to get updated information on the Department of Social Services (DSS). Email email@example.com to sign up for the Advocate’s Corner newsletter and learn about new programs and services, upcoming trainings, updates about our Center, and important policy information.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and opt in for ACCESS HRA Release Updates and be the first to get news about the latest developments and new features of ACCESS HRA as they are released.