Start Your Application
If you need to apply for a new card or a replacement card, please make an appointment and complete your application at an Enrollment Center. We have temporarily disabled starting new and replacement applications online due to reduced capacities at our Enrollment Centers. If you need to renew your card, please submit a renewal application online. Services at Enrollment Centers are being offered by appointment only. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
You can now fill out and submit your IDNYC application form online before you go to an enrollment center. This will make your appointment even faster and easier!
- Select your language: The IDNYC online portal can be translated into English, Español (Spanish), 简化字 (Chinese), Русский язык (Russian), Kreyòl ayisyen (Haitian Creole), 한국어 (Korean), বাংলা (Bengali), Polski (Polish), and (Arabic) لعربية.
- Select the type of application you are submitting
- New application
- Updating the information on your card
- Replacing a lost/stolen/damaged card
- Reapplying because your previous application was not approved
- Read up on our application instructions including, eligibility and document requirements.
- Fill out the online application form.
- Use the new IDNYC Document List to select the documents you are going to bring to the enrollment center. The IDNYC Document List will let you know when you have met the identity and residency document requirements.
- Schedule, reschedule or cancel your appointment for an enrollment center using our new scheduling page.
- Review the information, provide an electronic signature, and submit your application.
- You will receive a confirmation receipt with a confirmation number and your appointment information. Please make sure to print this receipt and bring it with you to your appointment.