Email the Commissioner

General Questions

Have a general question about services for immigrants? Call 311.

In addition, through our main line (212) 788-7654 callers can receive a wide range of information and referrals to resources including:

  • Immigration legal services
  • City services and other benefits

Information About Visas

The Mayor's Office of Immigrant Affairs does not issue visas. Please contact the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services or the US Department of State for more information.

Statistics About Immigrants

Visitors requiring statistics about immigrants in New York City should visit the Department of City Planning. Visitors in need of immigration records should visit the Department of Records and Information Services.

Language and Disability Access

For information, visit MOIA’s Language and Disability Access page.