Did You Know...?
- NYC is experiencing an unprecedented construction boom. 26 million square feet of office space is projected to be built.
- 530,000 New Yorkers work in the creative economy. Creative sector exports have grown by 7.3% over the last decade.
- Office rents in NYC have decreased since 2007, even as office rents in London and Shanghai have drastically increased.
- Employment in NYC reached an all-time high in March 2016. NYC reached almost 4.3 million jobs, indicative of a robust economy.
- Small businesses are an important part of the NYC economy. Small businesses employ 48.2% of the labor force.
- NYC’s “Silicon Alley” is a hub for technology and innovation. Tech workers earn 49% more than the average city hourly wage.
- Almost half of the city’s businesses are owned by immigrants.