New Employee Processing
Congratulations on being considered for employment with the New York City Department of Correction! Your eligibility for positions within DOC will be contingent upon completion of a background investigation and/or medical testing.
Please refer to the list of New Hire Personal Data & Citywide Policy Forms found below. You must complete and return all forms which will be reviewed by a Staffing & Certification Specialist.
1) Forms & Documents can be submitted electronically to the following mailbox: HRPre-employmentDocs@doc.nyc.gov
- For detailed instructions on how to complete the pre-employment forms, kindly click the following: Pre-Employment Presentation
- All forms requiring signature will be signed on the first day of employment
- Money Orders to be furnished on the first day of employment
2) Copies of the following compliance documents must be furnished prior to the day of employment:
- Social Security Card
- Driver’s License or Non-Driver’s Photo ID
- For establishment of identity & employment eligibility, provide one of the items indicated below:
- U.S Passport
- Birth Certificate
- Resident Alien Card and/or Naturalization Certificate
- For proof of Highest education completed, provide one of the items indicated below, whichever is applicable:
- Graduate Diploma (Master’s or PhD)
- Undergraduate Diploma (Associate/Bachelor’s degree)
- High School Diploma/General Equivalency Diploma
- Official College transcripts
- If applicable provide the following:
- A copy of your military ID (active members) or a copy of your DD 214 Form (for retired, separated or discharged members)
- A copy of any certificates or licenses necessary for your job title/trade
- Certificate of Good Standing (Attorneys)
3) Inquiries & questions can be emailed directly to your designated Staffing & Certification Specialist.
4) Please do not resign from your current employment until you have received notification from your Staffing & Certification Specialist.
Personal Data Forms:
Citywide Policies & Forms: