Correction officers under supervision, maintain security within correctional facilities and is responsible for the custody, control, care, job training and work performance of inmates of detention and sentenced correctional facilities; performs related work.
- Supervises inmate meals, visits, recreational programs, and other congregate activities.
- Inspects assigned areas for conditions which threaten safety and security; conducts searches in order to detect contraband.
- Completes forms and reports; maintains appropriate logs.
- Communicates with other area Correction Officers to exchange pertinent information.
- Issues verbal orders, announcements and explanations to inmates.
- Observes inmates and makes recommendations concerning medical and/or psychiatric referrals.
- Safeguards Departmental supplies and equipment.
- Escorts inmates within and outside of the facility including their transportation in department vehicles.