Meetings are held at our Board Office, 250 West 87th Street, unless otherwise noted.
All meetings are open to the public.
Housing Committee, Louisa Craddock and Melissa Rosenberg, Co-Chairpersons
Monday, July 9, 7:00 PM
1. NYCHA forum recap
2. Intro. 981 - Council Hearing on short term rentals recap and status update
3. Draft Housing DNS review and next steps
4. Expiring Affordability in MCB7 - Possible speakers
5. Discussion about possible ideas for Urban Planning FellowTransportation Committee, Andrew Albert and Howard Yaruss, Co-Chairpersons
Tuesday, July 10, 7:00 PM
1. Presentations by the NYC Department of Transportation on proposals for Protected Bike Lanes and Bike Safety Improvements on 8th Ave & Columbus Circle, (between West 56th and 58th Streets) and on 10th Avenue and Amsterdam Ave, (between West 52nd and 72nd Streets).
2. NYC Department of Transportation update on midblock crosswalk and signal light installation on West 106th Street between Amsterdam and Columbus Avenues, providing a crossing between Jewish Home Lifecare and Red Oak Apartments.
3. Update on the committee’s section of CB7’s District Needs Statement for Fiscal Year 2020.Business & Consumer Issues Committee, Michele Parker and Christian Cordova, Co-Chairpersons
Wednesday, July 11, 7:00 PMNew application to the SLA for a two-year liquor license
1. 519 Columbus Avenue
(West 85th Street) A. Shapiro d/b/a To be Determined. Enclosed Sidewalk Café Renewals
2. 180 Columbus Avenue
(West 68th Street.) Renewal application ULURP# N180102ECM/ DCA #13399-2017-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by COBP, Corp., d/b/a IL Violino, for a four-year consent to operate an enclosed sidewalk café with 15 tables and 36 seats.New Unenclosed Sidewalk Cafés:
3. 411A Amsterdam Avenue
(West 79th – 80th Streets.) New application #11260-2018-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Shree Laxmi Restaurant, Inc., d/b/a Swagat, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 4 tables and 9 seats.
4. 464 Amsterdam Avenue
(West 82nd – 83rd Streets.) New application #11272-2018-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Danica, LLC, d/b/a To be Determined, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 10 tables and 20 seats.
5. Update on the committee’s section of CB7’s District Needs Statement for Fiscal Year 2020.
Postponed to September BCI Meeting: 359 Columbus Avenue
(West 77th Street) 8th Hill Inc. d/b/a 8th Hill Inspired Mediterranean Cuisine.Preservation Committee, Jay Adolf and Gabrielle Palitz, Co-Chairpersons
Thursday, July 12, 6:30 PM
1. 3 Riverside Drive
(West 72nd – 73rd Streets.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for restoration of front stoop and areaway, new openings at the 2nd and 3rd floors, rooftop elevator and stair bulkhead, rear-yard addition and 7’-deep rear addition at 2nd floor.
2. 163 West 76th Street
(Amsterdam Avenue.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for rooftop and rear-yard additions.
3. Update on the committee’s section of CB7’s District Needs Statement for Fiscal Year 2020.Directed by the City Charter mandate that Community Boards review matters prior to consideration by the Landmarks Preservation Commission, the Preservation Committee reviews the “appropriateness” of proposed changes to individually designated landmarks as well as to properties listed within the Upper West Side’s Historic Districts.Parks & Environment Committee, Ken Coughlin and Klari Neuwelt, Co-Chairpersons
Monday, July 16, 7:00PM
1. Brief Update On Bull Moose Dog Run (Theodore Roosevelt Park) Renovation Project.
Parks & Environment Committee Joint with
Transportation Committee, Andrew Albert and Howard Yaruss, Co-Chairpersons
Parks Department presentation of planned improvements and safety measures for:
• Bike path and haul road in Riverside Park South; and
• West 59th Street between Riverside Blvd. and the Sanitation Marine Transfer Station.Parks & Environment Committee,
2. Welcoming discussion with Dan Garodnick, new President and CEO of Riverside Park Conservancy.
3. Welcome and introduction to new committee members.
4. Update on committee discussions.
5. Update on the committee’s section of CB7’s District Needs Statement for Fiscal Year 2020.Communications Committee, Linda Alexander and Su Robotti, Co-Chairpersons
Wednesday, July 18, 5:30PM
Update on the committee’s section of CB7’s District Needs Statement for Fiscal Year 2020.Youth, Education & Libraries Committee, Mark Diller and Blanche Lawton, Co-Chairpersons
Thursday, July 19, 6:30 PM
Update on the committee’s section of CB7’s District Needs Statement for Fiscal Year 2020.Health & Human Services Committee, Catherine DeLazzero and Madge Rosenberg, Co-Chairpersons
*Will not meet*Land Use Committee, Richard Asche and Page Cowley, Co-Chairpersons
Wednesday, August 1, 7:00 PM
1. 21 West End Avenue
d/b/a Central Rock Gym (West 61st Street.) Application #2018-102-BZ to the Board of Standards and Appeals for a special permit to allow a Physical Culture and Health Establishment for the operation of a rock climbing gym to be located on a portion of the first and cellar level.
2. Update on the committee’s section of CB7’s District Needs Statement for Fiscal Year 2020.Preservation Committee, Jay Adolf and Gabrielle Palitz, Co-Chairpersons
Thursday, August 2, 6:30 PM
Agenda to be announced.
Meetings take place at the Community Board office, 250 West 87th Street, unless otherwise indicated. Agendas are subject to change. To confirm committee agendas and meeting locations, call the Board office at (212) 362-4008 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resolutions adopted at the July 2018 committee meetings will be reported at the Full Board Meeting on Tuesday, SEPTEMBER 4, 2018, beginning at 6:30 PM at Fordham University, 113 West 60th Street (Columbus Avenue.)
The Full Board will not meet in August.