Housing Committee, Louisa Craddock and Melissa Rosenberg, Co-Chairpersons
Monday, January 11, 6:30 PM
Register at: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/9516093691546/WN_8S9aZhagTvCGijBkEV2Uew
1. Planning for upcoming meeting on public safety in NYCHA in CB7
2. Future agenda planning
3. New and old business
Transportation Committee, Andrew Albert and Howard Yaruss, Co-Chairpersons
Tuesday, January 12, 6:30 PM
1. Update on mass transit issues.
2. Review of issues regarding left turns by vehicles.
3. Updates on committee business.
Business & Consumer Issues, Linda Alexander and Christian Cordova , Co-Chairpersons
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
6:30PM to 7:30PM
Challenges facing retail, restaurant & property owners: Before, During and Post Pandemic.
Community Board 7’s Business & Consumer Issues Committee invites the community to participate in an in-depth discussion addressing the challenges small businesses face on the UWS, including pre-pandemic contributing factors. Several BCI members are small business owners or representatives and we will be joined by Michael Nerenberg of Borah, Goldstein, Nahins & Goidel, P.C.
Preservation Committee, K Karpen and Michele Parker, Chairpersons
Joint with Parks & Environment Committee, Klari Neuwelt, Chair
Thursday, January 14, 6:30 PM
1000 5th Avenue, The Metropolitan Museum of Art (Central Park.)
Directed by the City Charter mandate that Community Boards review matters prior to consideration by the Landmarks Preservation Commission, the Preservation Committee reviews the “appropriateness” of proposed changes to individually designated landmarks as well as to properties listed within the Upper West Side’s Historic Districts.
Steering Committee, Steven Brown, Chair
Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 6:30 PM
1. Chair Update
2. Committee - Chair Updates including any Agenda Items for Full Board
3. Full Board Meeting Format Discussion
4. Single Adult Women Shelter at 537 West 59th Street Status Update
5. New Business
Land Use Committee, Richard Asche, Chair
Wednesday, January 20, 6:30 PM
1. Report on proposed construction of assisted living center at 2330 Broadway (SE corner of 85th Street).
2. Initial discussion of Planning Together- City Council report on comprehensive long-range planning.
3. Continued discussion of commercial vacancies and possible land use issues.
4. Preliminary discussion of proposal to amend the Zoning Resolution to impose maximum as-of-right heights, subject to issuance of a special permit.
5. New Matter- Members and the public are encouraged to raise any Land use related issue of concern.
Youth, Education and Libraries Committee, Blanche Lawton, Chair
Thursday, January 21, 6:30 PM
Register at: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/6616093705930/WN_Ij2k1JxZQLidgxWFJz_iHw
1. Discussion regarding youth including existing and future challenges during pandemic. Guest speakers include Susan Matloff-Nieves - Deputy Executive Director at Goddard Riverside Community.
2. Educational updates.
3. New Business.
4. Future meetings discussion.
Parks & Environment Committee, Klari Neuwelt, Chair
Monday, January 25, 6:30 PM
Register at: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/7016093707089/WN_EO_jRAQyRmu5JabHujRlaw
1. Discussion with advocacy group New Yorkers for Parks.
Joint with Transportation Committee, Andrew Albert and Howard Yaruss, Co-Chairpersons
2. Discussion with advocacy group Stop the Chop about issues relating to commercial helicopter flights affecting the Upper West Side.
Parks & Environment Committee, continued:
3. Discussion with John Herrold, Riverside Park Administrator, regarding possible installation of security cameras in Riverside Park.
4. Presentation by Margaret Bracken, Riverside Park Landscape Architect, of plans to reconstruct the existing asphalt paths in Riverside Park at West 82nd to West 83rd Street and at West 97th Street near the Dinosaur Playground.
4a. Brief discussion of recently completed restoration work on Cherry Walk in Riverside Park.
5. Updates on committee business.
Health & Human Services Committee, Catherine DeLazzero and Sheldon Fine, Co-Chairpersons
Tuesday, January 26, 7:00 PM
Register at: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/2816093708056/WN_MWRe_k8URQiayHtfYHiKDg
1. Covid-19 vaccine distribution
2. Update on hate crimes resolution
3. Planning for upcoming meetings
Meetings will take place via Zoom. Log-in information will be posted on the CB7 website the day of the meeting. Agendas are subject to change. To confirm committee agendas, visit www.nyc.gov/mcb7. Send comments by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (212) 595-9317.
Resolutions adopted at the committee meetings will be reported at the Full Board Meeting on Tuesday, February 2, 2021, beginning at 6:30 PM, via Zoom.