Meetings will be held via Zoom.
Housing Committee, Louisa Craddock and Melissa Rosenberg, Co-Chairpersons
The committee will meet with Land Use on May 20. Transportation Committee, Meg Schmitt and Howard Yaruss, Co-Chairpersons
Tuesday, May 12, 7:00 PM
To Participate in the Zoom meeting, please click here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/2215888638281/WN_907R8zYXTuSXbPzQLKBR_g
1. Support for the MTA during the Covid-19 crisis.
2. Discussion of the Mayor's plan to open streets to pedestrians and proposals for its implementation in our community.
3. Discussion of enforcement of traffic and parking rules during the Covid-19 crisis
A. Alternate side of the street parking rules
B. Permitting health care workers to park vehicles in unused construction zones or other spaces
C. Permitting health care workers to park bicycles near health care facilitiesJoint with Parks and Environment Committee, Elizabeth Caputo and Klari Neuwelt, Co-Chairpersons #3D Only:
D. Pedestrian and cyclist safety in parks
Transportation Committee, continued:
E. Safe routes for frontline delivery workers
4. Discussion of CitiBike access near hospitals for healthcare workers during the Covid-19 crisis.
5. Status updates on previous committee business.
6. Future agenda items.Business & Consumer Issues Committee, Linda Alexander and Christian Cordova
Wednesday, May 13, 6:30 PM
To Participate in the Zoom meeting, please click here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/9215888711810/WN_nd6a7VhFT8uyBUsfLgDNMQ
New Unenclosed Sidewalk Cafe
1. 359 Columbus Avenue
(West 77th Street.) New application #2380-2020-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by 8th Hill, Inc., d/b/a 8th Hill Restaurant, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 18 tables and 54 seats.
2. Future agenda items.Preservation Committee, K Karpen and Michele Parker, Co-Chairpersons
Thursday, May 14, 6:30 PM
To Participate in the Zoom meeting, please click here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/2015889078170/WN_BUOe3a3SStiP8EOe7kRenw 424 West End Avenue
(West 81st Street.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a window replacement.Directed by the City Charter mandate that Community Boards review matters prior to consideration by the Landmarks Preservation Commission, the Preservation Committee reviews the “appropriateness” of proposed changes to individually designated landmarks as well as to properties listed within the Upper West Side’s Historic Districts.
Parks & Environment Committee, Elizabeth Caputo and Klari Neuwelt, Co-Chairpersons
Monday, May 18, 6:30 PM
To Participate in the Zoom meeting, please click here:https://zoom.us/webinar/register/4715888730383/WN_5EvZP4hTQi-0n3IBLl8nQQ
1. Suspension of NYC Curbside Compost, E-Waste Collection given COVID-19 Budget Cuts.
2. Discussion of social distancing in our parks.
3. Update on committee discussions.
4. Future agenda items.Steering Agenda
Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 6:30PM
Via Zoom Webinar
The Public may register for this meeting at:https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ho2gJ0yITGqE0RhnDKgogA
• Welcome New Members
• Recap of new agenda and voting procedures during online Full Board meetings
• Reminder re looking ahead to formulate Committee agendas. Thanks to Committee Co-chairs for timely May agendas
• Timely submission of resolutions and minutes
• Review of June Full Board Agenda
-- planning for the public session
-- resolutions that may require meeting management strategies
• District Needs Statement
-- discussion of role of Adding Covoid-19 issues and responses in DNS
-- strategies for outreach to public/outside sources of data, information and issues
• New business
Budget Committee, Cindy Cardinal, Chair
Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 9:30 am
This meeting will be a working meeting.
To register please go to:
Welcome and Introductions
1. Planning and setting goals for the DNS process in light of the pandemic
2. Setting a timetable for the CB7 DNS and budget requests process
3. How CB7 will respond to proposed budget cuts.
Land Use Committee, Page Cowley and Seema Reddy, Co-Chairpersons
Joint with the Housing Committee, Louisa Craddock and Melissa Rosenberg, Co-Chairpersons
Wednesday, May 20, 6:30 PM
To Participate in the Zoom meeting, please click here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/7915889092519/WN_D8ioAKSYR-ulI-pyp1bK0w
1. Discussion with Maulin Mehta, Senior Associate, State Programs and Advocacy for the Regional Plan Association, concerning the 10/19 RPA report: Time to Act: Restoring the Promise of NYC's Public Housing.
2. 2551 Broadway
(West 96th Street.) Presentation on 2551 Broadway, which will contain voluntary Inclusionary Housing.
3. Future agenda items.Youth, Education and Libraries Committee, Blanche Lawton and Steven Brown, Co-Chairpersons
Thursday, May 21, 6:30 PM
To Participate in the Zoom meeting, please click here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/6015889099903/WN_euTmwXIcT4qn6wZXuiWG5Q
1. Discussion of current issues concerning the NYC Department of Education, including the fiscal year 2021.
2. DoE budget and the grading policies applicable to the 2019-20 academic year including the period of remote learning.
3. Discussion of the proposed elimination of the Summer Youth Employment Program in the fiscal year 2021 budget.
Speakers for both topics include Kimberly Watkins, President CEC3, and Council Member Helen Rosenthal’s Office.
4. New Business.
5. Ideas for future agendas.Health & Human Services Committee, Catherine DeLazzero and Sheldon Fine, Co-Chairpersons
Tuesday, May 26, 7:00 PM
To Participate in the Zoom meeting, please click here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/3615889104413/WN_a72Qe0CMTieIfRYt3x64ZA
1. Supporting the need for nurses to be provided with proper protective gear, and that they’re only assigned to tasks for which they are already trained.
2. Update on our Providing for the Most Vulnerable Resolution.
3. Developing the HHS portion of the District Needs Statement.
4. Brainstorming items for future HHS agendas.
Meetings take place via Zoom. Log-in information will be posted on www.nyc.gov/mcb7.. Agendas are subject to change. To confirm committee agendas, visit www.nyc.gov/mcb7. Send comments by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (212) 595-9317.
Resolutions adopted at the committee meetings will be reported at the Full Board Meeting on, Tuesday, June 2, 6:30PM, via Zoom.