Proposed Committee Agendas Subject to ChangeHousing Committee, Louisa Craddock and Melissa Rosenberg, Co-Chairpersons
Monday, September 9, 7:00 PM
1. Rent laws forum on 9/17 - Reminder and outreach.
2. Urban Fellow NYCHA project.
3. Review of Housing FY2021 DNS and budget priorities.
4. Upcoming meeting Agendas November-JuneTransportation Committee, Howard Yaruss, Chairperson
Tuesday, September 10, 7:00 PM
1. Electric Charging Stations, Level 2 EV chargers. Presentation by Con Edison on the installation of 3 chargers (6 parking spaces) at curbside locations on the UWS and Lincoln Square. The chargers will be in place for four years as part of a demonstration project, which will include an evaluation. Below are the locations Con Edison will be checking for feasibility in the coming weeks:
|W. 93rd Street
||Central Park West
|West End Ave (east side curb)
||W. 66th Street
||W. 70th Street
|Amsterdam Avenue (east side curb)
||W. 66th Street
||W. 67th Street
|W. 86th Street
||West End Ave
|W. 64th Street
||West End Ave
2. 241 Central Park West
(West 84th Street.) Request by 239 Central Park West Corporation to the Department of Transportation to designate a “Loading Zone” extending from the proposed new entrance on West 84th Street to the corner of Central Park West.
3. Secondary Street Renaming
, Felipe de Jesus Bulit. Request by Tara to name secondarily the southwest corner of West 80th and Amsterdam in honor of Felipe de Jesus Bulit.
4. Secondary Street Renaming
, "Samantha Friedman Way." Request by P.S. 333, Manhattan School for Children, to name secondarily northeast corner of West 93rd Street between Columbus Avenue or Amsterdam Avenue in honor of the late teacher, Samantha Friedman.
5. Review of F2021 DNS and budget priorities.Business & Consumer Issues Committee, Linda Alexander and Christian Cordova, Co-Chairpersons
Wednesday, September 11, 7:00 PMNew applications to the SLA for two year liquor licenses
1. 795 Columbus Avenue
(West 99th Street.) Columbus Avenue Kitchen LLC, d/b/a Bareburger.
2. 200 West 84th Street
(Columbus Avenue.) Long Play Record Bar LLC, d/b/a To be Determined.
3. 774 Amsterdam Avenue
(West 98th Street.) JPDB Hospitality, LLC, d/b/a To be Determined.
4. 269 Columbus Avenue
(West 73rd Street.) Harvest Kitchen LLC, d/b/a Harvest Kitchen.
5. 450 Amsterdam Avenue
(West 82nd Street.) Mee Tung LLC, d/b/a Land Thai Kitchen.Postponed to October BCI: 45 West 81st Street
(Columbus Avenue.) MD Hospitality, LLC, d/b/a To be Determined.Renewal Unenclosed Sidewalk Cafés
6. 189 Columbus Avenue
(West 68th – 69th Streets.) Renewal application #2055693-DCA to the Department of Consumer Affairs by VLC Upper West, LLC, d/b/a Vive La Crepe, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 4 tables and 8 seats.
7. 510 Columbus Avenue
(West 85th Street.) Renewal application #2045884-DCA to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Motorino 3, Inc., d/b/a Motorino, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 4 tables and 12 seats.
8. 340 Amsterdam Avenue
(West 76th Street.) Renewal application #1413323-DCA to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Amsterdam Ale House, Inc., d/b/a Amsterdam Ale House, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 11 tables and 32 seats.
9. 568 Amsterdam Avenue
(West 87th – 88th Street.) Renewal application #2036313-DCA to the Department of Consumer Affairs by 568 Amsterdam, LLC, d/b/a Pizzeria Sirenetta, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 10 tables and 20 seats.New Unenclosed Sidewalk Cafés
10. 718 Amsterdam Avenue
(West 95th Street.) New application #4823-2019-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Cabrera Argudo Corp., d/b/a Rancho Taquileria, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 22 tables and 44 seats.
11. Committee discussion of FY2021 DNS and budget priorities.Preservation Committee, Mark Diller, Chairperson
Thursday, September 12, 6:30 PM
1. 319 West 84th Street
(West End Avenue – Riverside Drive.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a rear-yard addition, penthouse extension with skylights and windows, stoop and façade restoration.
2. Committee discussion of FY2021 DNS and budget priorities.Directed by the City Charter mandate that Community Boards review matters prior to consideration by the Landmarks Preservation Commission, the Preservation Committee reviews the “appropriateness” of proposed changes to individually designated landmarks as well as to properties listed within the Upper West Side’s Historic Districts.
Parks & Environment Committee, Jennifer Markas, Chairperson
Monday, September 16, 7:00PM
1. Presentation by It’s Easy Being Green, a local climate action group on the UWS.
2. Presentation by Monumental Women regarding new Central Park statue honoring women.
3. Harlem Meer project update from Central Park Conservancy.
4. Committee discussion of FY2021 DNS and budget priorities.Land Use Committee, Page Cowley and Seema Reddy, Co-Chairpersons
Wednesday, September 18, 6:30 PM
1. Presentation by Supervising Attorney ADA Diana J. Florence, NY County District Attorney’s Office, on the Manhattan Construction Fraud Task Force.
2. Resolution in support of legislation requiring public notices upon the filing of a TDR (transfer of development rights).
3. Committee discussion of FY2021 DNS.Youth, Education and Libraries Committee, Blanche Lawton and Steven Brown, Co-Chairpersons
Thursday, September 19, 6:30 PM
1. Joy Rifken – Sustainability Specialist at NYC Department of Education. The NYC DOE, Office of Sustainability provides access to recycling, renewable energy, and environmental consultation to over 1,800 public schools. Joy will discuss her work at the DOE and District 3 schools.
2. Committee discussion of FY2021 DNS and budget priorities.
3. Follow up on committee business.
4. Discuss future YEL agendas. Health & Human Services Committee, Catherine DeLazzero and Sheldon Fine, Co-Chairpersons
Tuesday, September 24, 7:00 PM
Committee discussion of FY2021 DNS and budget priorities.
Meetings take place at the Community Board office, 250 West 87th Street, unless otherwise indicated. Agendas are subject to change. To confirm committee agendas and meeting locations, call the Board office at (212) 362-4008. Send comments by e-mail to email@example.com or by fax to (212) 595-9317.
Resolutions adopted at the committee meetings will be reported at the Full Board Meeting on Wednesday, October 2, 2019, beginning at 6:30 PM at Goddard Riverside Community Center, 593 Columbus Avenue (West 88th Street.)