Meetings are held at our Board Office, 250 West 87th Street, unless otherwise noted.
All meetings are open to the public.
Youth, Education & Libraries Committee, Blanche Lawton and Steven Brown, Co-Chairpersons
Thursday, March 21, 6:30 PM
1. Michael A. Propper - Director of New York City Chess, a leader in after school & curriculum
programs throughout NYC to discuss the value of chess in academics and the current status of chess with New York City youth.
2. Presentation and discussion with Ann Marie Cunningham, writer and certified writing workshop leader, New York Writers Coalition. Now developing the Youth Writers Workshop at Bloomingdale Library.
3. Bethany Anne Parker - Development Manager for Year Up, New York to discuss their program that provides under-served young adults, ages 18-24, with a combination of hands-on skills development coursework eligible for college credit, corporate internships, and wraparound support.
4. Discuss volunteer for Budget and District needs.
5. Follow up on any committee business. Health & Human Services Committee, Catherine DeLazzero and Sheldon Fine, Co-Chairpersons
Tuesday, March 26, 7:00 PM
1. Discussion on health related concerns in NYCHA housing.
2. Presentation by Lisa Spitzner, NYC Smoke-Free.
3. Discussion on District Needs.
4. Reports/updates on . . .
• The meeting of the Community Advisory Board for the Alexander - Shelly Fine
• Analysis of 311 data - Katie Rosman
• Next steps after the passage of the Child Victims Act
• Inclusive Playground Task Force.
Meetings take place at the Community Board office, 250 West 87th Street, unless otherwise indicated. Agendas are subject to change. To confirm committee agendas and meeting locations, call the Board office at (212) 362-4008. Send comments by e-mail to email@example.com or by fax to (212) 595-9317.
Resolutions adopted at the committee meetings will be reported at the Full Board Meeting on Tuesday, April 2, 2019, beginning at 6:30 PM at Mount Sinai West, 1000 Tenth Avenue (West 59th Street.)