MediaMKRS is a groundbreaking partnership between employers, unions, The City University of New York (CUNY), Reel Works (a youth media educational program) and The Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment (MOME) to train, credential and prepare talented young New Yorkers for careers in the City's thriving television and film production industry. Through MediaMKRS, New Yorkers as young as 12 years old will have opportunities to earn digital badges—portable credentials that reflect employer-validated technical and work readiness skills.
The program is supported by the MediaMKRS Advisory Council of industry leaders who are committed to building a more equitable and inclusive workforce - one that reflects the talent and diversity of our City. Council members will host internships, set work readiness standards and create pathways from classroom to careers for talented young New Yorkers.
The MediaMKRS Advisory Council includes:
- Terra Bliss, Vice President & General Manager, Panavision New York
- Berénicé Brino, Production Office & Intern Coordinator, Jax Media
- Kavell Brown, Corporate Social Responsibility & Community Investment, Viacom
- Michelle Byrd, Managing Director, Producers Guild of America East
- Mala Chapple, Senior Vice President Content Strategy, Operations & Media Partnerships, MTV
- Colleen Ferrary, Human Resources, FilmNation Entertainment
- Madhu Goel Southworth, Senior Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs, AMC Networks
- Pam Hacker, Director, Corporate Social Responsibility, HBO
- Jennifer Halpern, Education Outreach, IATSE International
- Mike Jackman, Co-Chairman, Board of Directors, New York Production Alliance and Executive Vice President Post Production and Worldwide Delivery, FilmNation Entertainment
- Jon Kamen, Chairman & CEO, RadicalMedia
- Barbara Matos, Vice President, Diversity, CBS
- Laura Michalchyshyn, President and Co-Founder, Sundance Productions
- Asad Muhammad, Vice President of Impact and Engagement Strategy, POV | American Documentary
- Paul Nicholson, Senior Vice President, Production & Technology, Showtime
- Richard Perello, Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President, Production, Jigsaw Productions
- Adam Robinson, Senior Director, Corporate Social Responsibility, Viacom
- Sheereen Russell, National Group Vice President, Advertising Sales Partner Solutions for Inclusion Audiences, OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network
- Erin Scolaro, Senior Director, Social Impact Strategy at Comedy Central, Paramount Network, and TV Land, Viacom
- Erika SotLamb, Vice President, Social Impact Strategy at Comedy Central, Paramount Network, and TV Land, Viacom
- Lorna Thomas, Senior Executive Producer, Investigation Discovery, Discovery, Inc.
- Zak Tucker, Co-Founder & President, Harbor Picture Company
- Patricia White, Director, Education & Training, IATSE International
For more information on this program and digital badging, please visit https://www1.nyc.gov/site/mome/industries/mediamkrs.page.