Red Carpet Premiere Permits
The Film Office processes permits for all red carpet, film, television and theatre events. The fee structure will depend on the size and the scope of the event/venue. For example, an event at Radio City Music Hall would be considered large and an event at the Chelsea Clearview Cinemas would be considered a small event.
- Applicants may now apply via the new online application
- All requests for a Premiere Permit should begin with the Film Office.
- Applicants must submit an official permit application to the Film Office no less than two weeks prior to the date of the event.
- In order to expedite the entire permit process and cover all costs incurred by the city, the following fee schedule is in effect as of 1/1/09:
- X-tra Small Venue: Seating less than 500. Fee: $450.
- Small Venue: Seating less than 1,000. Fee: $2750.
- Medium Venue: Seating less than 1,500. Fee: $5,000.
- Large Venue: Seating less than 5,000. Fee: $14,000.
- X-Large Venue: Seating more than 5,000 anticipated. Fee: $24,000.
All fees include permission for the following:
- One Curblane Closure
- One Red Carpet
- One Press Pen
- One Generator
- One Klieg Light
- One Tent 10 by 20
Any additional items will be a separate fee. Please note that the fee schedule is intended as a guide only. The final fee will be assessed upon review of the completed permit application. Payment may be made via Certified checks made out to Dept. of Finance and must be brought to the Film Office (1697 Broadway, 6th Floor) at time of permit issuance.
Need help in a foreign language? Click here: