How to Apply
Submit the Not-For-Profit Organization's Tax Exemption Application. Be sure to read all instructions carefully and include all required documentation. Incomplete submissions will delay processing.
- Articles of incorporation (If you are leasing any part of the parcel to another not-for-profit, attach that organization's articles.)
- Bylaws (If you are leasing any part of the parcel to a not-for-profit, attach that organization's bylaws.)
- Deed, if the parcel is in Staten Island or not available in ACRIS
- Certificate of Occupancy
- If leasing, attach the lease
- If the property is a parsonage, attach the certificate of ordination
- If applying for a contemplated use, attach building plans, architectural renderings, a Department of Buildings permit, or evidence of building fund
In addition to the not-for-profit property tax exemption, the Department of Finance administers a number of other exemptions for property owners. To learn more, visit the "Ways to Save" page on the DOF website.
Frequently Asked Questions