Federal Homeless Policy and Reporting Unit
The role of the Federal Homeless Policy and Reporting (FHPR) team at the New York City Department of Social Services (DSS) is to support grantees who receive federal HUD Continuum of Care (CoC) funding. DSS oversees the submission of annual HUD reports, the annual funding application process, assisting providers in ensuring their annual renewal applications are complete and meet HUD, CoC, and local priorities:
- Policy - FHPR is the Collaborative Applicant for the CoC, coordinating citywide applications for homeless housing and service funding. In this role, FHPR:
- Oversees the NOFA process, annual evaluations, and contract monitoring.
- Researches and responds to HUD policies.
- Manages project/program performance portfolios which consist of rating, evaluation, and submission.
- Reporting – FHPR is the HMIS lead agency. In this role, FHPR:
- Responds to federal reports on behalf of the CoC.
- Monitors and improves data quality within the NYC HMIS data warehouse. Provides oversight of HMIS data standards and provide HMIS focused training.
Martha Kenton – Executive Director, Federal Homeless Policy & Reporting – HUD Continuum of Care
Charles M. Winkler – Deputy Director, Federal Homeless Policy & Reporting – HUD Continuum of Care