NYCHA CCTV Pilot - Requests for CCTV Images for Court or Administrative Proceedings
NYCHA’s CCTV pilot program, which will run for an initial six-month period, simplifies and streamlines the process for requesting video surveillance footage for a court or administrative proceeding. Requests for footage can now be submitted directly to the CCTV Unit, provided that the request meets the following requirements:
- The request must be for a pending court or administrative proceeding.
- The request must be limited to a maximum of three hours of footage (marked in military time).
- All fields with an asterisk (*) in the request form must be completed.
Requests that do not meet the above requirements will not be processed and must be submitted via NYCHA’s FOIL or subpoena process.
To request footage:
- Download the CCTV Images for Court or Administrative Proceeding Form
- Submit the form directly to the CCTV Unit by fax (718-707-5283) during hours of operation: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Call the CCTV Unit (718-707-5751, 718-707-5771, or 718-707-8674) the next day to confirm receipt of the fax.
- The CCTV Unit will contact you about the availability of footage. Please provide a minimum of seven business days for processing and retrieval of footage for each request.
- If footage is available, you will be responsible for retrieving footage at the CCTV Unit’s Central Office: 23-02 49th Avenue, Long Island City, NY.