FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
April 29, 2016 CONTACT: email@example.com
| (212) 306-3322 AGREEMENT REACHED TO IMPLEMENT FOUR-MONTH JOINT INITIATIVE TO EXPAND SERVICE HOURS, ENHANCE CUSTOMER SERVICE AT NYCHA FlexOps moves forward on trial basis; NYCHA and Teamsters Local 237 agree to Joint Initiative, testing expanded service hours at 12 developments NEW YORK
— The New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) and the Teamsters Local 237 have reached an agreement to deploy Flexible Operations (FlexOps): Expanded Service Hour
s at 12 developments, for a four-month trial period.
“I am pleased to work together with the Teamsters Local 237 as we lay the groundwork to begin expanding services at a dozen sites,” said NYCHA Chair and CEO Shola Olatoye
. “Thanks to all parties who worked together to make this four-month trial period a reality, and to ultimately improve our residents’ quality of life and overall safety of these NYCHA communities.”
The model Joint Initiative will improve customer service and address worker concerns through volunteers, incentives, enhanced safety measures, and the creation of a joint committee to oversee the new initiative’s four month test period.The Joint Initiative is outlined in a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between NYCHA, the New York City Office of Labor Relations, and Teamsters Local 237, which includes the following conditions: Oversight & Implementation:
Incentives & Compensation:
- The creation of Labor-Management Committee comprised of NYCHA and Local 237 representatives who will resolve issues concerning safety, scheduling and other issues in addition to evaluating FlexOps after a four month test period.
- Current janitorial staff, such as caretakers may volunteer to work on the new early or late shifts (Monday-Friday; 6:00 am-2:30 pm or 10:30 am to 7:00 pm.) New hires may be assigned and required to work the new shifts.
- Current maintenance staff may volunteer to work on the new later shift (Monday-Friday; 11:30 am to 8:00 pm.) New hires may be assigned and required to work the new shift.
- Property management office hours will be extended to 8:00 pm one day each week (Monday-Friday) and offices will remain closed on Saturday and Sunday. On the designated day for extended office hours, there will be a regular and late shift (11:30 am to 8:00 pm.) Property managers will make the schedule to best meet the needs of their development.
- Janitorial and maintenance staff volunteering to work new shifts will receive a one-time $250 bonus.
- Caretakers volunteering for the new schedule and new hires assigned to the new schedule will receive a 10% shift differential for all hours worked outside of 8:00am – 4:30pm.
- Maintenance staff volunteering for the new schedule and new hires assigned to the new schedule will earn a differential of $3.94 per shift.
- Property management staff who work a new schedule and new hires assigned to a new schedule will receive a 10% shift differential for all hours worked after 4:30pm.
Development Sites: Bronx
- Caretakers will be scheduled to work in teams of two.
- All staff at FlexOps sites will be assigned working radios, flashlights and reflective vests.
- Door locks, windows, lighting and security cameras remain operational and functioning.
- Forest Consolidation (Forest Houses, McKinley Houses & Eagle Ave – East 163rd Street)
- Marble Hill Houses
- Mott Haven Houses
- Murphy Consolidated (Murphy Houses & 1010 East 178th Street)
- Pelham Parkway
- Glenwood Houses
- Wyckoff Gardens Consolidated (Wyckoff Gardens, Atlantic Terminal Site 4B, & 572 Warren Street)
- Chelsea-Elliot Houses (including Chelsea Addition)
- Dyckman Houses
- Isaacs Consolidation (Isaacs Houses, Holmes Towers & Robbins Plaza)
- Hammel Consolidated (Hammel Houses & Carleton Manor)
- Ravenswood Houses