You can easily update or verify information and check on the status of your application. Register or log on to Self Service.
As an applicant, you can:
- view your current application status;
- view your eligibility interview date;
- view your Section 8 briefing date;
- confirm your eligibility;
- verify if you have been certified to a public housing development waiting list;
- update your mailing address, home address and phone numbers; and
- update information on your current application, such as reason for applying and borough of preference.
To use the NYCHA Self-Service Portal you must:
- have applied for public housing or Section 8 with the New York City Housing Authority;
- have an active Section 8 voucher;
- be the person listed as the head of household on the public housing or Section 8 application/voucher; and
- have a valid e-mail address and Social Security number
You can create an email address using a free service such as Google, Yahoo, Hotmail, or AOL.