In the event of utility failures, notify NYCHA’s Customer Contact Center (CCC) immediately by calling (718) 707-7771, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- If smoke or a burning odor is present, evacuate the area.
- In case of flooding, disconnect electrical devices if it’s safe to do so.
Signs of a gas leak...
- Smelling a distinctive, strong odor similar to rotten eggs.
- Seeing a white cloud, mist, fog, bubbles in standing water, blowing dust, or vegetation that appears to be dead or dying for no reason.
- Hearing roaring, hissing, or whistling.
If you suspect a leak, call 911 from a safe area. Do not use spark-producing devices.