Request a T visa Declaration
(USCIS Form I-914, Supplement B)
Victims applying for T nonimmigrant status may submit a completed and signed T visa declaration as part of their application to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The form is one way of demonstrating to USCIS that: 1) the victim is or was a victim of a severe form of human trafficking, and 2) the victim complied with any reasonable requests from law enforcement in an investigation or prosecution of human trafficking.
A completed declaration is not a sponsorship or endorsement of a victim. A declaration does not give immigration status or provide immigration protection. A completed declaration also does not guarantee that USCIS will provide immigration status.
Preparing a T visa declaration request:
- All requests must be in writing, whether in a letter or an e-mail. All requests can be written in the preferred language.
- At a minimum, the letter must:
- Identify the victim (include full name, with middle names and other names, such as maiden names or nick-names; date of birth; gender; phone number; and address)
- Describe the qualifying crime(s) (when and where did the crime(s) happen?)
- Describe the victim’s assistance to the NYPD’s investigation of the crime(s) (is the victim currently assisting the NYPD? Was the victim helpful in the past? Is the victim likely to be helpful in the future?)
- Include a mailing address where the NYPD may send written responses related to the request
- If applicable, specify if:
- The victim is in the custody of U.S. Immigration and Custom Enforcement (ICE)
- The victim is in removal or deportation proceedings;
- One or more qualifying family members of the victim will become ineligible for derivative T nonimmigrant status within 3 months of the date of the letter
Send requests to the NYPD's T declaration Office by email to Tvisadeclaration@nypd.org or mail to:
Vice Enforcement Division/ T Declaration Office
New York City Police Department One Police Plaza - Room 605
New York, NY 10038
Note: This unit handles all T declaration requests)
Download the T declaration guidelines.
For additional information on requesting declarations from the NYPD download Rules of the City of New York Requests for T Declarations
Learn more about T nonimmigrant status (T visas)