We Are Here For You
We must all do our part in stopping the spread of COVID-19. On March 17, 2020, we took a step to protect the safety of our community—including our families, our staff, and our clients—by temporarily closing our FJC locations. Since reopenings have started, select FJCs have reopened only for limited, pre-scheduled appointments. We are still here for you. Reach out and, if you are asked, leave us a message and someone will get back to you as quickly as possible with guidance on immediate safety planning, shelter assistance, and community resources, including further FJC updates.
From Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., you can call your nearest FJC:
NYC Family Justice Center, Bronx
NYC Family Justice Center, Brooklyn
NYC Family Justice Center, Manhattan
NYC Family Justice Center, Queens
NYC Family Justice Center, Staten Island
How Can the Family Justice Centers Help?
NYC Family Justice Centers can help you with:
- Planning for your safety
- Applying for public benefits, shelter, housing, and other support services and programs
- Mental health and counseling services for you and your children to support emotional well-being
- Referrals to job training and education programs, including educational workshops to help with budgeting, credit repair, resume writing, and interviewing skills
- Legal help for orders of protection, custody, visitation, child support, divorce, housing, and immigration
- Connecting to trained law enforcement, such as the NYPD, the NYC Sheriff’s Office, and the District Attorney’s Office
In the evenings or weekends:
- Call NYC's 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline (1-800-621-4673; TTY: 1-866-604-5350); or
- Visit the NYC HOPE Resource Directory online at www.nyc.gov/NYCHOPE
You can also:
- chat on a secure website with a Safe Horizon advocate who can offer information, advocacy and support through SafeChat on Monday to Friday, 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. (except for holidays)
- text confidentially with an advocate with the NYS Domestic and Sexual Violence Hotline at 1-844-997-2121.
Check our page for Resources For Survivors During COVID-19
For help with stress and anxiety please call NYC Well (1-888-692-9355) or text "WELL" to 65173.
For emergencies, call 911.