What is the Essential Plan?
The Essential plan offers quality health insurance to working adults with lower incomes who do not qualify for Medicaid.
Who is eligible?
Adults may be eligible if they:
- Are an adult who is 19 - 64 years of age. Individuals under 19 years old are eligible for Child Health Plus, not for the Essential Plan.
- Are a New York State resident.
- Meet income eligibility requirements. (Examples: single adults earning up to $25,520; adults in family of four earning up to $52,400)
- Are U.S. citizens or meet immigration status requirements.
- Meet certain income eligibility requirements tied to household size. View income levels for the Essential Plan.
How to apply
- You can enroll in the Essential Plan any time of year. Apply online, over the phone, or in-person. Assistance is available in many languages. Visit the NY State of Health, or call 855-355-5777 or 311.
- Find an in-person enroller near you.