How to Pick a Plan
Choosing a Medicaid Managed Care Plan
Choosing a Child Health Plus Plan Plan
Choosing a Qualified Health Plan Plan
Tips for Picking a Plan
When picking a health insurance plan, make sure to think about:
- Does it cover the prescription drugs that you take?
- Are you looking for extra services, like vision care or dental care?
Remember, all plans cover ten "essential health benefits," including hospital care, prescription drug visits, and doctor visits.
- Do the doctors and other health care providers you use accept the health plan? You can find out by calling your doctors and/or searching the health plan's website.
- How much can I afford to pay for health insurance each month? The monthly fee is called your "premium."
- How much can I afford to pay for health care when I need services? The amount you pay when you get services can include your copay, coinsurance, and deductible.
If you look for a plan on NY State of Health, you can choose between four levels of plans: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Download our chart on Health Plan Metal Tiers to learn the difference.
Find in-person help to pick a plan